Endometriosis UK
35,433 members31,530 posts

Still no sign of a lap :(

Hi all,

I had a follow up today with my gynae and he's very reluctant to do a laparoscopy. I could have had it done nearly a year ago with another hospital but on the day the surgeon says it wasn't in my best interest due to age etc..

I feel so disheartened because I am very certain it is endo and not just pcos.. he's suggested I go on microgyno 30 and if that's no help then consider the coil or implant

It's almost as if he thinks I'm making it up as he kept asking about my pain saying it doesn't add up.

At this point I'm pretty much fed up with going back and forth (I have a bowel condition too that I feel is affected by endo) and wanted to have some sort of closure.

After the appointment I researched going private but wouldn't be able to afford it, I haven't been back to work since march and go back to uni next week. My medical has really made me miss out on a lot, both my studies and opportunities and I feel after today it's just holding me back even more..

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Your age shouldn't have anything to do with it, unless you haven't gone through puberty yet, or you're an octogenarian. I suggest you find another doctor, or visit a BSGE Centre (if you're in the U.K.).

1 like

Thanks..I don't know why they keep putting it off it's so frustrating. The one i saw was part of a bsge centre. I think the only way they'll do something is if I go through a&e screaming tbh 😞

I'm in the exact same position, I had an appointment with the consultant last Friday and they kept trying to put me off by telling me about 10 times "70% of patients come back with everything normal following a lap"... they told me try constipation sachets as they think it is the cause of my problems (as if...) and if I'm not better in 3 months I will get a lap! I feel for you, it is so frustrating, I reached the point during the weekend that I thought everything was in my head when I know deep down it's not!!

1 like

Ahh sorry your going through the same thing! I can imagine how your feeling. It's just so draining going back and forth and still not getting the outcome you want..what is the next step for you? x

I have to try the constipation sachet for 3 months, I will also be getting another ultra sound scan in about 5 weeks (still waiting for my letter to come through though...) and then i'm seeing the gyne again in December. If i'm not better by then, they said they'll go for a lap! x

Is it movicol that you are taking?

yes it is! I have not started yet as I'm still waiting for my prescription to arrive at the pharmacy (it's been a week now!)

have you taken Movicol before?

Yes I've taken it for a while on and off. Christmas time I was very constipated (but wouldn't call it constipation as I didn't feel the need to go). Didn't go toilet for 32 days and had to take like 8'sachets at once for decompaction. It's a lot to drink and made me very bloated. It's quite mild though but apparently helps to regulate the movements

aw sounds horrible! I hope it will help a bit, but to be fair it's not a massive issue for me, hence i was very frustrated when the consultant blamed everything on it. I mostly suffer with the bloating which is really uncomfortable!

This is exactly what happened with me. it took 3 years to get a first appointment as I was just passed doctor to doctor. It got a lot worse recently. I went to a private consultant end of August and he saw me and is reluctant to do the operation but hopes for my sake to find something. I couldn’t afford the op on private so now waiting for it on nhs and it’s been a month and no sign of any dates for it.

It’s horrible to live with and has ruined a relationship but you really aren’t the only one! I’ve just started reading ‘living well with endometriosis’ by Kerry-ann Morris. It’s really good to read about it from another persons view. Give it a go? Also don’t give up with the doctors, keep going back till they do something about it!!!

1 like

I have an appointment today with the colorectal registrar so let's see what they say *fingers crossed*

1 like

Had my appointment today and was told that there's nothing I can do about my slow bowel. The only option is surgery but I'm too young they say and the current medications I'm taking will have to do.

You may also like...