Finally diagnosed

After years of going back and forth to the doctors due to painful cramps and always being told that it'll go away once I give birth was so sickening that they assume it's usual menstrual dysmenorrhea without even having me undergo further tests and finally just this year I was diagnosed with endo.

I underwent the surgery via laser and is under decapeptyl injection. I am hoping and praying that I don't experience the pain after the treatment.

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi Kb02

It's so frustrating that doctors are willing to send people away with a diagnosis of 'dysmenorrhea'. Dysmenorrhea doesn't mean anything other than 'painful periods' - so it's as if they're saying 'the cause of your painful periods is ... painful periods.'

The 'once you give birth' thing is really frustrating as well - in fairness, I was never told this by a doctor, but I heard it a lot from friends and family. It's useless advice - a. I didn't want children; b. pain during sex and prolonged bleeding aren't conducive to conceiving; c. giving birth does not cure endo.

I'm glad you've been diagnosed at last and I do hope the surgery and injections work for you.

Best wishes

H.

You may also like...