Recently diagnosed

Hi all, I had my first laparoscopy in July, they found endo on pelvic wall, was told I am at early stages. I was told to take my contraceptive pill without monthly breaks as this would help to slow down the process of regrowth, 10 days ago I started bleeding quite heavy it has slowed down. Today I went to see my gp and she has referred me back to see my gynaecologist to get her view on next steps . I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do? was hoping that people would share their experiences?

Thanks xx

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi there,

I'm in the same postition as you - had my lap in October and they found endo in my pelvis.

Over the last 8 years, I've tried all contraception to try and ease the pain/bleeding/overall symptoms. I found that back to back pills didn't really help me. However, I had my first depo injection 3 months ago and so far haven't experienced any pain or the normal symptoms.

Unfortunately, it's all just a bit of trial and error as everyone's different. Your gp/gyne will probably suggest that you continue will the pills for 6-ish months and then re-evaluate.

Good luck, and I hope you find something that helps!

You may also like...