Grief and endo

Hi everyone

I just wanted to ask about people's experiences with grief and endo. I lost my little cat a few days ago and I am devastated. I know to some people it would just be a cat, but she was very special to me and it's been very painful. Yesterday my endo and adeno flared up big time, really excruciating pain and I couldn't stand up. I'm pretty sure this is connected to all the emotional pain I've been through over the last few days. What are people's experiences with this? Is it stress related? Coping with endo is bad enough, buy coping with grief and endo is pretty unbearable! Thanks

4 Replies

• Firstly I am sorry to hear about your cat, it's awful loosing a pet. I cannot comment on the grief aspect myself, but I do know that stress caused my pains to get worse before I had my lap. It's a bit of a vicious circle and the more I stressed, the more pain I was in and the more I stressed as I was in pain.

I know it must be difficult but try and calm down and do some of the things you enjoy doing. Coping with endo is an emotional rollercoaster as it is, without having to cope with anything else as well. I hope you are feeling better soon xx

• Hi, so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet.

I'm no expert, but I am sure emotions and stress makes the pain worse. I have suffered with depression for years and when I'm having a 'down day' my pain feels worse.

It was the anniversary of my grand dads death only a few days ago and spent the day very down and upset (growing up he was like a dad to me) and the pain in my stomach was worse.

Try and do stuff to take your mind off your cat. You will miss him/her always but dwelling I find makes things worse. Yesterday I wasn't feeling very happy so I went and sat on the beach for an hour, just watched the wave, cheered me up.

Think happy thoughts!

• So sorry to hear about your cat. They are such great pets. I left my precious boy in NZ with friends when I came here. Still miss him 4 years later.

Stress is a big issue in endo.

Def do some things you enjoy and some relaxing things too.

Still need help? I highly recommend

• Hi. I know exactly how you are feeling. I lost 2 of my cats in 6 months and I still cry several times every day. It's the hormones that have made it so much harder. You may find homeopathy helps with the grief which in turn can help ease other symptoms. My endo is hormone driven. Look into ignatia you can get it online or at Holland and Barrett. Good luck xx

You may also like...