Post-op Exhaustion

I hope this isn't too daft a post, but I had my 3rd lap on 21st December where I had some more endo removed & some Peritoneal Excision (haven't yet had the letter from Gynae with details); I know I've had a lot more internal work done than before, but am absolutely exhausted all the time!

Has anyone got any tips on what I can do to try & boost my energy a bit (I'm trying to make sure I have plenty of fruit & veg & I already have A-Z Vitamins)??!

Hope someone can help x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • REST!!! Operations are major things and we need to be gentle with ourselves and stop expecting too much xxx

• I am trying to do plenty of that - been sleeping during the day, bed early etc... :-/

But thanks for the reminder ;-) I guess I might be expecting too much of myself, but if I don't keep moving around I end up horribly constipated, which makes it even worse! Luckily I'm not working at the moment, as the thought of that alone makes me feel tired right now! xx

• Sorry that may have come across wrong. Im sure you are resting its just I know from my experience I tried to push myself and just made the whole process longer. Short gentle walks maybe to help with the constipation (and peppermint tea)

• Not at all, I appreciate a response (there are so few people I personally know that actually understand Endo & appreciate that while Laparoscopy might be 'minor' surgery it's not all that different from others, healing-wise!) :-)

I did ought to get out for a proper walk really, so maybe will give that a go tomorrow (I drink so much peppermint tea these days I'm surprised I don't smell of peppermints!).. Thank you xx

You may also like...