Mirena Coil

I've had one of these fitted which they recommended to help with monthly problems as a temporary measure till they carry out my hysterectomy. Can one advise as to how long the daily cramps last and the really bad shooting pains that I'm experiencing every day, I have been bleeding, albeit light, every since it was fitted on the 21st December. Any information would be gratefully received.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi.I gave the coil over a year and I can only say for me !! But for me it never stopped I bled less but bled longer and had pain all the time. They say give it six months I nearly trembled that and I was still the same I'm sorry I can't give you better news but there is some lady's on here that think it's great and have had more success hopefully you will be one of them. Xx

• Thank you for your response. I've just had a conversation with my local pharmacist about pain relief and he has been very helpful about spreading the 400mg ibuprofen three times a day and inbetween these take two paracetamol of 500mg which should ease the pain, so going to give that a go but also going to see Dr later in the month!! I know everyone reacts differently to this sort of things, so thanks for your feed back.

You may also like...