I keep dreaming about being pregnant

I'm 20 and am still on the waiting list for my first lap to look for endo. For the past few months I've had regular dreams that I find out I'm pregnant and I'm absolutely delighted, and then I wake up and I'm devastated. It's really starting to play with my emotions and affect my relationship, and it's making me incredibly broody.

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and he is currently at uni so I know he doesn't want a child now, we've discussed everything at length and he definitely doesn't, which I understand completely, as we are both still so young and he has to graduate and get a good career.

However, my fertility is at risk and I fear every day that goes by my chances at getting pregnant becomes less likely. Like I said I am very broody and would really love a child right now. I have a stable full-time job and manage to push through the daily pain, with the help and understanding of my manager who herself has endo, so it's not like I couldn't support myself. But again, my partner doesn't want one. The dreams are becoming more and more frequent and are making me increasingly depressed. I don't know what to do :(

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi Nmartin,

I know how you feel, I wanted a baby soo much but was not in the right relationship. I was 29yrs and working full time. It may seem extream but I was so sure I went through donor conception and had my beautiful daughter nine months later.

I can understand your partner being reluctant as he is young and not working. But it is your body and your decision. If you have the pressure of the possibility of not conceiving in the future because of the endo maybe this is YOUR time which may not fit into your partners plan.

Its a big decision as a child is for life not just while they are cute and cuddly. I have not regretted my decision for a moment but it has been hard work.

It may result in the end of your 4 year relationship so there is lots to think about.

I wish you the very best of luck with what ever you decide to do.

You may also like...