Endometriosis UK

Pain Management

Hi guys,

I've been recovering from my surgery for three weeks now and it's a slow process!

I've been looking at posts for pain management on here and there are a lot of questions so I thought I'd share some of my research with you.

The NHS has thousands of pain clinics running out of hospitals that you can join. You need a referral from your GP but after that they provide you with therapy, counselling and prescribe you pain killers and doctors notes as required.

I've only just been referred so I'll keep you posted but I already feel more positive about coping now I know there are other people I can talk to.

Here's the link to the NHS explaining it.


Good health to you all!


1 Reply

Dear lillied,

It's good to hear you are on the mend, albeit slowly as you say, but a positive outlook certainly helps.

I thought I would write to you with some information that may be of use.

Pages 8 and 9 of the following publication list options for pain management:


This link might be useful ahead of any future gynaecologist/pain management appointments:


Furthermore, you might consider the support groups that Endometriosis UK runs to offer those affected by endometriosis the support and information they need to understand the condition and take control. These are run by volunteers and are countrywide:


There are also online support groups for those people who do not have a support group in their area and for those who prefer not to attend a face-to-face meeting. These are via skype and are anonymous (without the use of webcams):


Please note, there is one coming up on 9th December at 8pm and if interested, you can sign up here...


Finally, there is a freephone helpline where you speak in confidence with trained volunteers who have experience of endometriosis themselves:

0808 808 2227

I wish you well.

Take care,



You may also like...