I would like help to decided whether to have another lap done. I had one done a month ago (my first), they removed adhesions and a cyst (stage 4) but there is about 2 more hours of work to go to remove the endo around the pouch of douglas etc.
The surgeon said it was 50/50 whether to go through it again. I am planning to begin IVF in about 8 months (surgery would be in about 2).
On the positive sides - I hope that removing all the endo possible will give my body a break from the inflammation (I have IBD and hope that it might be easier to manage without extra inflammation). Now is a good time for me to recover. Would IVF be better without active endo?
On the negative sides - Money. Do multiple surgeries actually make things worse?
Anything else I should consider, endo wise or fertility wise?
Thanks for any thoughts. I'm having a hard time deciding.