2 years of pain, 20 different diagnoses, now on Prostap injections for endometriosis. Haven't had a lap with no mention of it. What to do?

2 years ago I was admitted to hospital for the first time with what docs thought was a PID. since then I've seen four different consultants with so many diagnoses that I'm so confused. The last doc I saw said it might be endometriosis but it might not. Just had my second Prostap jab which has stopped my period but the pain is excruciating. I'm taking 100mg Tramadol three times a day as advised by an a&e doc but it just takes the edge of a bit and still leaves me in bed in agony. There's been no mention of a laparoscopy even though I would've thought that would've been done ages ago. Should I ask for one? I have four kids and was sterilized ten years ago but I feel my kids are losing out on time with their mum especially now as the summer hols are upon us. My husband is amazing. We've only been married a year and our private life is non existent as it hurts so much. I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP!!!!

3 Replies

  • I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Because you have already completed your family it feels like you are not being prioritised in your doctors eyes. You deserve a good doctor who will get to the bottom of this for you!

    You are in pain and to be just put on tramadol without any investigation is disgusting!

    It might be worth referring yourself to an expert gynae in endometriosis and having your initial consultation privately. I'm certain a specialist in endo would suggest you have a lap. They can always transfer you over to their NHS list for the lap/treatment if they feel this would be beneficial.

  • Thanks JDgirl, have thought about going private but the financial costs are completely unobtainable at present. Might look into it again tho, can't stick this much longer xx

  • You can see a good specialist for about £150. I know it feels like a lot of money and I don't know your home circumstances but perhaps family might be willing to chip in and you could pay the back over time? Especially if it is burdening your family life so much.

    You just need a good doc to say you should have a lap. Then you can really push it through the NHS. If you do decide to go for a private consultation make sure you do your research and select well! Just because a gynae doctor practices privately doesn't automatically make them an expert in endo. There is a huge variation in expertise in the field. Facebook groups, online blogs and reviews can be really helpful when trying to find a decent doc.

    Hope you get your answers soon.

You may also like...