Hi everyone, (apologies for cross-posting - I wasn't sure if this should be a question or a post)
I wonder if anyone can offer any advice? I had a laparoscopy scheduled for this Friday. I had a letter from the hospital on Friday saying they want to move this back by 3 weeks it for the 12th December. I can't reschedule as I have a new job starting and they have delayed my start date specifically to give me time to have the operation and recuperate (they won't give me more time).
I've spoken to the waiting list manager who is going to speak to the consultant and see it there's anything they can do but she can't guarantee when she'll be able to get hold of him and also doesn't think it's likely. I've also spoken to PALS (Patient Advice Liaison Service) who are going to speak to the waiting list manager too... But I don't really know what to do.
Anyone have any experience of this? Or know anything else I can try?
I feel like my options at the moment are to lose the operation or the job.
ps: I have already cried on the phone to them and it doesn't seem to help!