E-petition for Endo recognition by DWP

E-petition for Endo recognition by DWP

Hi all,

Third post in two days...think it's fair to say I'm on an endo mission at the moment!

Saw this link to an e-petition on Twitter and though some of you may wish to sign it (if you haven't already) 987 signatures so far, surely we can help it to 1000?

----> submissions.epetitions.dire... <----

The text below explains the reasons for the e-petition:

endometriosis should be classed under the Disability Discrimination Act

Responsible department: Department for Work and Pensions

Endometriosis is a debilitating illness for thousands of women. Many suffer with extreme chronic or recurring pain, chronic fatigue, digestive problems, fertility problems and many have to undergo multiple surgeries, intense hormonal medication (with many side effects) or find ways of coping or fitting their lives around the intense pain they are subjected to.

The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) covers the symptoms of endometriosis such as chronic pain and chronic fatigue, but sufferers of the illness are not covered, and do not have the same rights as other people with disabiling illnesses. Endometriosis is recognised as a disability in many other countries, but not yet in the UK.

Endometriosis should be formally recognised as a disability, and covered under the Disability Discrimination Act.

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That link doesn't work, did try sorry. X

• Yeah, shame, it says "Page Not Found". I think I may well have signed this one in the past. I am about to make a claim for ESA, wish me luck xx

• Evidence is key, pain and symptom diaries, medication, Gp letters and proof of hospital appointments and admissions. Citizens Advice can help with this daunting process!

• If you continue onto that website main page put endometriosis into the search bar and it'll bring the petition up x there has to be 10,000 before there's even a debate so share share share xx

• We have had similar petitions before I think.

• Sorry ladies, the link keeps breaking when I put it here for some reason. I'll try again...http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41199

RosieBoo - you're right, it needs a lot of signatures...100,000 to be exact! So get your sharing hat on!!

Juleyanne - thanks for the advice, I've never used CAB before, so wouldn't have thought about going to them.

crystal_willow - I did have a look on the e-petition site and there was a similar petition last year but it only got 2000 signatures so didn't go any further. Do you know the outcomes of any that have previously been done? It would be interesting to find out.

Amb43 - good luck with your claim! Keeping fingers and tootsies crossed for you :)

Hugs to all xx

• Hi I went to the main site, typed in endometriosis and signed the petition.

I have also shared with my email contacts with a big long email so hopefully I can help too!!

Thanks for sharing xxx

• Hello all,

It's great that you want to try and make an impact on long term legislation in relation to endometriosis. However, we would ask that you have a look at our statement on endometriosis and disability which can be found at the bottom of the homepage of our website.

Thanks,

Endometriosis UK

• the link dont work sorry...

• Hi there meandmyfufu,

Your original link works perfectly, I've signed.

Good Luck!

• I have sign it also and shared with some friends on facebook. Hope it will help raise more votes. Fingers crossed:-)

• Thanks ladies x

• Signed x

• Hi

Tried to sign..but link doesnt work..sorry! xx

You may also like...