About 1 year ago, I have been suffering from constant fatigue. I thought it was depression as my mood was constantly low and I was suicidal for a period of time. I did go to see a doctor about it and they referred me to CAMHS which only, about a week ago, got back to me asking if I could call them and update them on my situation. Which I did. For about 5 months I have been dealing with insomnia. Which is inconvenient as my GCSEs are coming up and I want to study and get good marks, but i'm not motivated at all. PE is becoming difficult and I just thought I was unfit but the other day, I was too exhausted to do any running or exercise so I was allowed to miss out and do homework instead because of my "Insomnia". (I had a note to my teacher) My friend mentioned CFS and it struck me so I researched it.
I have these symptoms:
- sleeping problems, such as insomnia and feeling that sleep isn't refreshing.
- sensitivity or intolerance to light and loud noise. (Whenever I leave a building to go outside, I get a sudden headache and loud noises stress me out)
- dizziness and difficulty controlling body temperature.
- stomach pain, nausea and diarrhoea. (I had diarrhoea from Friday till Tuesday last week and it seems to have settled, but stomach pains haven't)
- I find it hard to concentrate in school and constantly have a 'brain fog' when talking to other people. I forget what i'm saying etc.
- Sometimes, I get joint and muscle pains.
My appointment is on Tuesday (today is Sunday) and It would be nice if you could help me out within the next few days.
I have CFS and your symptoms sound like the same. Ask your GP about it but dont expect an instant diagnosis because they have to do tests to eliminate anything else. Good luck