what my results say

okay... It say although I do have trouble with reading and writing and spelling for the test I took it doesn't meet the scoring standards. ( I still need to use a spell checker) At the same time it was noted my reading level still is pretty low for my age. But my math issues do meet the standards they are low enough to show that I have more of a math problem. I feel like as far as I'm concerned I'm both dyslexic and I have a math problem. at least I show signs of something because I've been not helped for most of my life and given a lot of crap for my lack of reading and writing skills. hopefully I can get the help that I need and some how keep moving forward.

4 Replies

• Often with adults a timed reading test gives the most information. People may have learned how to read if they are Dyslexic but it is not fluent and takes time. This often influences comprehension. It is not just test scores that define dyslexics but how they achieve those scores and if strategies had to be used.

• Have you got tested? Dyslexia Action has a very good network nationwide, check with your nearest branch and get a diagnostic. Once you got the diagnostic done, there's plenty of help you can get out there. Firstly, you can get Access To Work, a work grant scheme that provides you and your employer with advice, support and financial assistants to help with work place adjustments.

Check out this article to know more thecodpast.org/using-access...

Also, there's plenty of assistive tech that can help with day to day life (no diagnostic needed ;-P). if you are using smart phone/ iPad, there are built-in features that us dyslexics would found very useful. We have many articles covering different kind of software/Apps and useful tips. You may wanna check it out thecodpast.org/category/ass...

• Thanks for the advice for resource help. I'm an undergrad in graphic design. I'm just glad that I finally know what I have and I'm not stupid. I've Been struggling need all the help I can get.

• It is quite common for people to have dyslexia alongside other specific learning difficulties. These are called co-occurring difficulties and they can include dyscalculia. Like dyslexia, co-occurring difficulties can vary in severity, and this is one of the reasons why the impact of dyslexia varies very much from person to person. Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs) affect the way information is learned and processed, which may explain your difficulties. Dyslexia Action's web-site has lots of useful information and if you want free advice or support you can call one of its learning centres, details for which can be found using the following website address: dyslexiaaction.org.uk/find-us. Its specially trained staff will also advise you on the best way forward.

You may also like...