What a week: Hi all. I gave a talk on... - Diabetes Research...

Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation
5,047 members1,140 posts

What a week

HOBIEONE
HOBIEONEAdministrator
7 Replies

Hi all.

I gave a talk on wed to students at uni, then I went to a Duk group & met some nice people in Gateshead. But, I came out of there & forgot where my car was. An amg twin turbo Merc. My head was in bits! I tripped over & knocked myself out for more than 1.30. It was raining so I got soaked. I then met some really nice people who helped me. Thank you the "Canny "people of G head. Life at times. Went to hosp. & was in A&E all night. I got 4 stiches in my bracket & escaped about 8. I missed the Hartlepool event on Sat. because my wife would not let me go. I do behave sometimes!

7 Replies
oldestnewest
Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

Great to hear about your talk at the University. Sorry to hear that you fell down. Are you okay?

2 likes
HOBIEONE
HOBIEONEAdministrator
in reply to Activity2004

I am much better now but still have 4 stiches on may face. I did not want to frighten anyone at the pool ! Did you have a good day as normal ? Life ? Its not straight forward at times ? Book me down for next year & I will try to behave ?

2 likes
Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator
in reply to HOBIEONE

Awe! I feel a little better. Had lots of tea for the last few days, now.

The stitches can dissolve over time, right?

2 likes
DRWF
DRWFAdministrator

Oh dear, we wondered where you were. Hope you are ok? Take care and hope you’re feeling better.

3 likes
HOBIEONE
HOBIEONEAdministrator
in reply to DRWF

Can you imagine what my head was like, I worry when my car is not on the drive outside my house. A amg twin turbo. Merc , I love it, Big Alloys & like the wind. I am a big kid at heart sometimes.

2 likes
Jerry

Hey poor you HOBIEONE and you want to make sure that you don't have concussion.

At least you and your car survived the ordeal.

3 likes
HOBIEONE
HOBIEONEAdministrator

I have missed at least 1.5 hours of my life. Out cold & lying in the rain. I did not like that after meeting some nice people. I have been to reembraced Sunday this morning.

1 like

You may also like...