Hi!

Hi!

So that's me. I'm from the Philippines. I'm 20 years old now, an incoming 4th year PT student. I was diagnosed with DM last 2013, 17 back then. I had diabeticketoacidosis. A dew days in the ICU. Then after that it was found out that I have an ovarian cyst (right side). Few months after that, I underwent surgery. Now I'm still on Insulin Glargine (9PM) and Insulin Aspart before meals. I'm posting because I feel that some people don't get, they don't understand and worst some are insensitive to joke about my condition. I just wanted to talk or share to someone how I feel about it. They think it's easy, they tell me to do this or you can do that. I feel like they think they're giving me advices but it looks like that they know it more than I do. Sometimes I also hate it when they show pity. But most especially when they tell me what to do. Well it's easier said than done. I'm having my C-peptide checked tomorrow, I'm worried but hopefully it'll be fine.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello and welcome to the group!

Yes, sometimes people who don't have the same issues think that they know what a person who does have the issue should do. But, they do care, so they don't see how it can effect the person.

Please let us know what happens with your appointment when you can.

Enjoy your day!

• I will. :) Thank you. :)

• You're welcome!

• Hi Talty,

I am Ajay 26 years old.Got diagnosed as diabetic 5 months back.

You look great and you have a bright smile and i wish you keep that smile on your lips forever.

I don't know what is c-peptide check,but i wish you the best result in it.

I believe being diabetic we are internally more stronger than others.

• I think you have to learn to ignore people when you feel they are upsetting you. It's not easy but you have to find away to be above them. These people trigger emotions in you and then you react. It's negative to you. I had a heart attack a few years ago and some people after would make me angry fast. They were just being how they always were but I had changed inside. So I had to find a way to control my feelings,and stop the anger. I was recommended Mindfulness and this has really helped me. When I feel anger then I can fund a place inside to make the anger go. Really worked for me. Give it a go it is really a good coping mechanism.

Good luck with your results.

Philippines is a nice country been there many times.

You may also like...