Diabetes India
59,830 members10,998 posts

Is there any cure for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy?

Allopathy has none. Ayurvedic is messy and impracticable. Homeopathy avoids mention.

Is there anything at all to alleviate the pain (Burning, tingling, numbness, cramps and sharp and intense pain that lasts for few minutes and keeps shifting places) all the time?

Please help.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

My sugar levels are well under control for the last 3 tears - Thanks to my Diabetologist.(except briefly, when I was hospitalized with a chest-infection and the steroids given made my sugar levels shoot up sky high). I am 74 and am on insulin twice a day. I have also been a diabetic for 25 years. But the pain due to Neuropathy is severe and unbearable. I do not take any pain killers-just bear the pain .Burning pain in my buttocks and soles of my feet. Pulling pain from the small of my back going down the back of both thighs and down the calves to my feet and toes, instant swelling of my feet and soles of my feet with loss of balance, cramping pains in my calves, pain, like a nail being driven through the soles of my feet - well that's my lot these days. I have recently read about an electronic method of pain relief and cure developed by a Canadian firm using electrical impulses sent down the nerves, called a Rebuilder That, I think (being an electronic engineer myself) is my only chance, I would appreciate your opinion on that.

rebuildermedical.ca/index.php

Kindly elaborate. What is AHT?

Please do not respond to this see advice from Mr. anup

I would request to take lean protein together with supplement for improving quality of insulin and whole compound of B vitamin tablets. It would be necessary to know the full details for providing effective and guaranteed advice. If interested contact 91935279932

it it any business funda why your not open to all

I am sharing my experience. If it does not suit you, please ignore it. Might be I will unsubscribe to this site itself for I see many ineffective suggestions. You will not see any comments from now onwards.

nEUROPATHY IS A RESULT OF DIABETIC DAMAGE TO NERVE CELLS. If you dont listen and dont take care next is retina cell damage and after that kidney cell damage follows.

In the initial stage you can prevent all these damages by taking a special tablet. and pity is no doctor prescribes it nor tells about it.

Hey, hey! Don't scare me like that!

Tell me, what supplements can speed up the regrowth of nerve cells?and repair the damage a;ready done? Can I try stem cell therapy?

you can avoid the neuropathy by taking an english medicine as soon as you know you are diabetic. but once damage is done,it cannot undo the damage it can prevent the damage from happening.

only natural diet(rich with fruit and salad)+YOGA and PRANAYAM can control diab....

I went through the details of AHT given by you. Nowhere does it specifically say that it cures or alleviates pain caused by Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. Why are you leading me on? Falsely.

You may also like...