Low CARB High Fat Diet -- Diabetics Best Friend

Research on net more and more whenever you have time and try to implement it.

google.co.in/search?q=low+c...

Skip

Featured Content

Living with diabetes?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • name the item for above

• Have already covered this in detail in few other threads. Search is your best friend :)

• Hello all, I am a 17 year old Type ! diabetic on Insulin Pump for the last 5 years. I am doing a project for my school and I chose to do it on certain patterns of type I diabetes. I need the following inputs from a few type 1 friends to make my project authentic and useful. The info required is Age, Gender, Any Family History of Diabetes, Any prior infection (viral, etc.) before diagnosing your Type I ( to my knowledge there have been a few cases in the recent past where a few days after viral infections, Type I diabetes has been diagnosed). I do not need any names. If any of you wish to share these info, pl mail it to me at chinwincadambi@gmail.com. Thanks and regards.

• Before discuss on low carb and High Fat, first let us know how much is too much. Quantity cannot be subjective..

Secondly for people on high fat serum cholesterol is too low. Which is self contradictory.

Let us quantify the amounts first.

As per internet sites what is standard consumption of Oil & fats and Carbohydrates

• Low carb means less than 20% of our daily calorie intake comes from carbs like rice,roti etc.I saw somewhere it is mentioned as 80% fat 15% protein and 5% fat. As per this formula,we have to depend mostly on meats,fish and dairy products for sustenance.There is stress on vegetables which are do not add many calories.The underlying principle is by avoiding carbs your insulin production is less in demand and your hunger is not that severe.In otherwords carbs increase your hunger whereas fat does not and therefore you will be losing weight.

and also benefit you in management of your diabetes.Maybe this theory is sound but I do not know what kind of diet I have to adopt,being a vegetarian.

• Get NUTS in your routine == Peanut + almonds + walnuts to the tune of 100-150gms/day spread out throughout the day. This will be around 600 -900 kcal with roughly 75% being FAT. This also gives good fiber intake.

Don't touch cashew-nuts.

Never eat more than 40gms carb in a single meal.

20% from CARBS is a good restricted CARB Diet.

• ADA says 60:20:20 for CARBS:Fat:Protein and most doctors, dieticians would say the same just because ADA in all it's literature has brainwashed the entire community.

However with such a diet one will always needs medicines.

Most have been taught that throw away egg yolk as it is bad since it is high in cholesterol. When i changed my diet, after 1 year the LIPS showed no increase in cholesterol and triglycerides fell from 140 to 90. I have been consuming 2 to 3 Egg omelet with lots of cheese every alternate day and it has becomes part of my life. As per theory my cholesterol should have shot up through the roof with so much consumption of fat and cholesterol. It improved however

High fat diet has no adverse impact on CVD etc and this has been shown research after research but the CARB food industry just doesn;t want this to be known so people like you and me have to spend so much time on internet.

Bottom LINE: CUT DOWN CARBS (Simple or complex makes no sense... carb is carb and all gets converted to sugar)

• Alternate or equivalent to carbs wat to take or it is not required?

Is it an unwanted meterial in food?

• PROTEINS OR FAT OR CARBOHYDRATES ARE ALL DIGESTED AND ABSORBED BY THE BODY IN SUGAR FORM. CARBOHYDRATES ARE EASILY DIGESTIBLE AND SO SUGAR BUILD UP IN BLOOD IS FAST.PROTEINS AND FAT ARE LESS EASILY DIGESTED AND SUGAR LEVELS ARE SLOWER TO BUILD UP.THERE SHOULD BE A BALANCE BETWEEN THE THREE.ULTIMATELY MODERATION IN TOTAL CONSUMPTION IS ESSENTIAL.THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS UNWANTED MATERIAL.

• (1) With FAT ladened diet body metabolism switches to ketogenesis where FAT is burned for energy. Thus glucose levels in blood are pretty much con trolled and stable.

(2) Protein triggers INSULIN response much like CARB as proteins ar used to produce glucose through glucogenesis. SO protein based diet can give Peaks at much later period than a CARB rich diet.

(3) CARB is directly converted to glucose for energy.

Many diabetics have switched to a Low CARB High Fat diet for better control and also many type 2 have completely got rid of or avoided medcines

You may also like...