I'm 52 years old and I'm a diabetic, after the meal my level is 347. Friends plz advice me to control it
Request : I'm 52 years old and I'm a diabetic... - Diabetes India
1. How long you have been diabetic?
2. Please provide details such as your height, weight, BMI, Fasting Blood Sugar(latest), Post Prandial Blood Sugar(latest), HbA1c((latest).
3. Are you on medication currently? If yes, please let us know.
With these details, members of this forum should be able to advise further.
* Eat less food, more times in a day.
* Consume foods that have low Glycemic Index.
* Walk for 20 minutes after each meal.
Consult your doctor.
Adopt insulin therapy in consultation with your doctor.
Over time, people who have diabetes and high blood sugar can develop serious or life-threatening complications, including heart disease, stroke, kidney problems, nerve damage, and eye problems. Taking medication(s), making lifestyle changes (e.g., diet, exercise, quitting smoking), and regularly checking your blood sugar may help to manage your diabetes and improve your health. This therapy may also decrease your chances of having a heart attack, stroke, or other diabetes-related complications such as kidney failure, nerve damage (numb, cold legs or feet; decreased sexual ability in men and women), eye problems, including changes or loss of vision, or gum disease. Your doctor and other healthcare providers will talk to you about the best way to manage your diabetes.