New Poll: How Do You Get Exercise During T... - Diabetes India

Diabetes India
60,760 members β€’ 11,606 posts

New Poll: How Do You Get Exercise During The Winter Months And Keep Your Blood Sugars Under Control? This Is A Multiple Choice Poll

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator
β€’3 Replies

We have a new poll dealing with exercise, blood sugar control and the Winter season. Go to:

healthunlocked.com/diabetes...

This poll is going to be pinned to the Pinned Posts section for easier access.

Happy Holidays!πŸ˜€πŸ‘

3 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hey great poll Leah, I don't have a problem with blood sugar levels or exercise regardless of the weather as I'm very active.

Jerry 😊

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator
in reply to Jerry

Thank you so much for saying this, Jerry! πŸ˜€πŸ‘ I appreciate it!πŸ˜€πŸ‘

StillConcerned

Whilst exercise is vital to good health, it is of limited use for blood glucose control and weight loss.

The most direct impact on blood glucose comes from the glycaemic load of what we eat. Carbohydrate is used for intense activities, and the amount of time we can engage in such activities is limited. The longer we can perform an activity for, the higher the proportion of fat that can be used to fuel it. Basically, carbohydrate should only constitute 20 to 25% of the energy we use (and therefore eat), and the increase in energy that endurance exercise necessitates will meet sufficiently any increase in carbohydrate expenditure for the vast majority of people when this ratio is maintained.

For people with diabetes (where blood glucose is too high by definition), the carbohydrate intake is already too high for their impaired metabolism. It's amazing how many people and organisations keep proposing alternatives to skirt around this inescapable fact.

You may also like...