HAPPY NEW YEAR ! 2076: Hello my fellow... - Diabetes India

Diabetes India
60,601 members β€’ 11,515 posts

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! 2076

Fatbuddy
Fatbuddy
β€’14 Replies

Hello my fellow friends of Indian origin - living in USA, UK and of course in India --

Wish you and your family - a Happy Diwali

and a Prosperous, Healthy NEW YEAR !

Please take a vow today - to learn all you can within next 30 days - from this forum and take control of your Diabetes. Keep your family and friends happy - and keep doctors away.

****** By the way .. you are allowed to eat one or two pieces of your favorite sweet ONLY for today. **** count your carbs.

14 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Bet117

Happy Diwai!

Wishing you good health and prosperity, FB in the days to come!

My promise lies here to learn as much as I can about diabetes and how to best work with diet and other issues as to support my brother and several friends who are afflicted with it!

Best to you and all of the members.

A New Year is a beginning for good things.

Bet

3 likes
Fatbuddy
Fatbuddy
in reply to Bet117

Thank you dear Betty - my sweet friend-- you are half Indian.. enjoy good buffet at near by Indian restaurant.

2 likes
Bet117
Bet117
in reply to Fatbuddy

Lol.

My Indian heritage is a result of your adopting me.

Yes, we will be enjoying baked veggie Samosa, Kale and cucumber salad veggie sag and masala on Wednesday as it is my husband's birthday!

Shared Happy Diwali!

B...

1 like
Fatbuddy
Fatbuddy
in reply to Bet117

wow.. Veggie Samosa.. no potatoes and baked ? very nice. May be I should move near you -- for great Indian home cooked food ...lol.

Say Happy Birthday to Dave !

1 like
Bet117
Bet117
in reply to Fatbuddy

You would love this place! Great food, ambiance and we now know the owners.

Will wish him a Happy Birthday for you.

Don't hesitate to Private Message me!

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

Have a happy Diwali!πŸ˜€πŸ‘

1 like
Fatbuddy

Just to share experience for new generation ---

A. *** Years ago- when I first came here ( 1970) - we had to call Telephone Operator to book a long distance - international call to India- to brother, father, sister and wait 3 to 4 hours - when the operator call back to talk to them - on New Years day.

B. **** Then technology improved and with dial tone -- from land line- we had direct call - but so many people from all over the world calling back home--line was coming so busy. We still try for two or three hours, before we get connection to talk to my relatives in India.

C. Now with wire less technology and whatsapp- we call direct and connection is done in fraction of minutes and we can talk instantly.

2 likes
Srk1942

I would like to share a similar experience going back even earlier than you. I was in the USA during 1966 to 1972 doing my pH.D. At that time, the only way of communication is to write a letter on an aerogramme which will take about fifteen days to reach India.

Again I was in the USA, 1982 to 1983, and even that time, there was no landline even in my house in Mumbai because it was taking four years to get a landline even under special category. Our families were in dark for several days until our letter reaches them and so is with us who were abroad.

Now, thanks to technology, it is possible to communicate with our near and dear ones on the way even while traveling abroad and that too without paying any thing!

Life has improved for the better and that is the way it should be.

4 likes
Activity2004
in reply to Srk1942

Yes, with technical improvements, things are better and easier for communicating no matter where you’re living.πŸ˜€πŸ‘

1 like
Fatbuddy

of course- engineers and doctors made great prgress for humanity and humans - with so many new products and make life easy for every one.

Think for a minute - if you don't have a computer or cell phone or electricity at house for 24 hours.

2 likes
Activity2004
in reply to Fatbuddy

Sometimes, when the weather gets bad, the lights flicker now and then.

1 like
cherv
cherv
in reply to Activity2004

I can not stand the power going out. So much has improved .

Wishing you all a Happy New Year. Wonderful getting to know a few of you and hope to know more. You must spread the word of the site for others to be educated and for them to educate. Activity has done a fantastic job working on the diabetic India community site. Familiat with her from similiar illness and took a peak along time ago when she started her duties.

1 like
Activity2004
in reply to cherv

Thank you, cherv for saying this and I really appreciate it very much. It’s made my evening!πŸ˜€πŸ‘ I enjoy what we all get to do with everyone on the group.

May everyone have a happy new year!🎡🎁🎈

Fatbuddy
Fatbuddy
in reply to Srk1942

Thank you--yes, remember those aerogrammes - and yes , we had no landline at home in small town. We call our neighbor and some one will go and get my brother on phone.

2 likes

You may also like...