WARNING -- KETOGENIC DIET ??: New Info... - Diabetes India

Diabetes India

61,326 members11,975 posts

WARNING -- KETOGENIC DIET ??

Fatbuddy
Fatbuddy

New Info - Please every one read and comment - your opinion.

This will be very controversial issue.

Ketogenic diets may lead to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes

August 8, 2018, The Physiological Society

New research published in the Journal of Physiology indicates that ketogenic diets, which are low carbohydrate high fat eating plans that are known to lead to weight loss, may cause an increased risk of Type 2 diabetes in the early stage of the diet.

Type 2 diabetes is one of the most pressing challenges of our time and its ultimate cause has not been fully understood. Ketogenic diets, which are low in carbohydrate and high in fat, are known to lead to weight loss and have been considered to be healthy. These findings raise new questions about ketogenic diets and whether or not they are actually healthy.

medicalxpress.com/news/2018...

6 Replies
oldestnewest

NOTE : I believe they are referring to over weight people who follow this diet to loose weight. For Diabetics -it does help to lower BS.

Hidden
Hidden

If you are eating all the day and sitting idle, whatever diet it would be, you are gonna be a diabetic soon.

Eat limited, have some movement,take enough sleep, live stressless life and keep diabetes away.

suramo
suramoStar

Weird explanation. Only liver is not IR but the whole body is.Ketogenic diet is the remedy of both obesity and diabetes. It can't cause t2d can be explained scientifically. No need to worry if someone is taking keto diet.

Sir,

Ketogenic diet is definitely good which enables one to reduce weight and d2 also.I am following this for the last 4 years .still in initial dose.I am diabetic for the last 10 years.I also recommend mild brisk walking ,good sleep ,destress one self.stay fit and be happy.Thanks

Praveen55
Praveen55Moderator

I will rely on high volume of data available on thousands of men and women following KETO/LCHF diet rather than paying attention to the results of a small experiment on few mice. And I fully agree with suramo and makarim .

Fatbuddy
Fatbuddy in reply to Praveen55

I agree- I just saw this in news - and thought about sharing. Yes it is a very small sample for study.

You may also like...