My SGPT is 58 & blood Sugar fasting & PP is... - Diabetes India

Diabetes India

61,153 members11,860 posts

My SGPT is 58 & blood Sugar fasting & PP is 151 & 322 & Triglyceride is 235.


Sir, I am diabetic since 2010. However my latest report shows that my SGPT is 58 & blood Sugar fasting & PP is 151 & 322 & Triglyceride is 235.This is the first time SGPT is at higher side. What should I do to reduce it.

5 Replies

Over time, people who have diabetes and high blood sugar can develop serious or life-threatening complications, including heart disease, stroke, kidney problems, nerve damage, and eye problems.

Taking medication(s), making lifestyle changes (e.g., diet, exercise, quitting smoking), and regularly checking your blood sugar may help to manage your diabetes and improve your health. This

therapy may also decrease your chances of having a heart attack, stroke, or other diabetes-related complications such as kidney failure, nerve damage (numb, cold legs or feet; decreased sexual ability in men and women), eye problems, including changes or loss of vision, or gum disease. Your doctor and other healthcare providers will talk to you about the best way to manage your diabetes.

Fasting blood sugar should be less than 100 mg/dL.

Post-prandial blood sugar must be less than 140 mg/dL.

Triglycerides level should be less than 150 mg.

ALT (SGPT) level is slightly above normal. Consumption of alcohol may elevate triglycerides levels. It can be also reduced by moderate exercise and by consuming omega-3 fatty acids from algae, fish, flax seed oil, and other sources.

Adopt low-carbohydrate diet.

Brisk walking daily for about 30 minutes.

Learn more about Type 2 diabetes and it's complications.

Check your blood sugar daily and reduce or avoid foods that cause high glucose levels.

Take medicines as prescribed by your doctor.


Sir My SGPT is 10.8 SGOT is 18.5 please suggest what it means thanking you

What does SGPT stands for?

ShashikantiyengarVolunteer in reply to Sara_Clark

If you have not done so yet, I highly suggest you see your doctor immediately. Your readings are not the worst I have seen among friends, but is should be a point of concern. It would be best to manage and control it to desirable level or at least a goal as given by your care giver or doctor. How old are you? and how is your BP? Take Care my friend!

You may also like...