Here is a very interesting and helpful article written on the NIH website newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/... . The article is talking about the four steps on how to manage your diabetes and ways to prevent any health risks related to diabetes. At the end of the article, there is another link for more information and ideas.
"4 Steps to Manage Your Diabetes for Life" ... - Diabetes India
wonderful article Activity2004 Thank you for sharing...
More elaboration on
Step 1: Learn about diabetes. If you’ve got diabetes, you need to make healthy food choices, move more every day, stay at a healthy weight, and take recommended medicines even when you feel good.
will be of great help to the readers... and there are many stalwarts in forum who will throw more light on this issue....
I think this is most important step to control Diabetes...
Good article but short of information 🙏🙏. Sorry Activity2004 for saying this. To reverse D
1) knowledge about D. The most important. Family also has to learn about D.
2) determination is the next step.
3) knowing about food you eat. Esp lchf concept. Carb content of the food you are eating and gi gl.
4) Family support. Very important.
5) exercise yoga etc
6) monitoring D as required.
7) fighting out set backs and frustrations. At times we don't get desired results and we want to give up what we are doing esp diet.
One can add more.
4 steps are good but not sufficient imho. More emphasis on healthcare teams. They will go for medications, statins etc.
Hello Activity2004. I am sorry to say that I don't have a lot of respect for advice from the UK Government when you see that out of 23 scientific advisors on the SACN only 6 have no vested interest. There is an interesting article about type 2 diabetes at: healthscams.org.uk/diabetes.... To me, this seems to say everything. Tibbly