A Doctor,s view on Why You Should Eat Breakfast Within an Hour of Waking Up?

A Doctor,s view on Why You Should Eat Breakfast Within an Hour of Waking Up?

Dr. Ankush Rai

Homeopath •

Whether you are running out of time or just not hungry in the morning, missing a breakfast is equivalent to a grave crime. It is particularly a big mistake if you are aiming to lose weight or avoiding gaining weight. The metabolism rate slows down while you are asleep for conserving energy, and it invariably requires a power-packed energy to restart the metabolism with a forceful vigour. Therefore, the sooner you fuel your body with a healthy breakfast, the better it is.

When should you eat?

In a report published by National Weight Control Registry, it was declared that about 78 percent of successful dieters have a wholesome breakfast every morning. The ideal time is within an hour from when you wake up because you are more plausible to eat more than needed in the latter half of the day if you do not eat anything in the morning. This will lead to unwanted weight gain and other health troubles. Furthermore, eating a moderate meal in the morning improves cognition and mood as well.

If you are not able to eat immediately after you wake up, you must at least eat something wholesome within one hour. Eating early can keep your blood sugar and insulin levels under control while boosting your metabolism. When you are waiting too long to have the first meal of the day, you will develop a habit of opting for food rich in fats and bad carbohydrates and lower in nutrient content owing to irresistible hunger.

What should you eat?

Before breakfast 1 glass of water is necessary for cleaning of stomach. The ideal first meal of the day must include a balance of carbohydrates, protein and healthy fat. It is advised to abstain from high sugar foods like cookies, pastries, donuts or sugary cereals. Instead, you can look for hard-boiled eggs, proteins, brown bread, oatmeal, muffins and fruit juices. You must also have a cupful of green tea with a few drops of lime juice squeezed over it. This will help in detoxifying your body and bring out your skin's natural beauty and glow.

8 Replies

• Many of us, as type 2 diabetics on LC diet, have been skipping breakfast since ages and find far better sugar control. This has been part of IF schedule.

• Well, that's me doomed; and a nutritional criminal to boot!

Haven't eaten breakfast for around two months now and intend to carry it on for the foreseeable future.

But then, what does my opinion count for against the exalted opinion of a DOCTOR of homeopathy?

PS The liver does a pretty good job of detoxifying. Something I'd put up against the cleansing power of lemon juice and green tea.

• Healt unlock india web site, has two well qualified doctors as administraters devoted to diabetes as detailed below who as policy are concerned with fighting diabetes. In their own words the policy is stated as

“We're leading the fight against diabetes by helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while working to find a cure. Learn how to help people with diabetes live a healthier life.”

1)Dr. Mayur Patel

Chairman and Chief Diabetologist

All India Institute of Diabetes & Research

Swasthya Diabetes Care,

Jaymangal Society, 132ft Ring road,

Naranpura, Ahmedabad - 380013

Phone : 079 2743 99 77/ 7799Read less

)Dr. Ina Mayur Patel MD (Path & Bact) Vice Chairman and Chief Pathologist All India Institute of Diabetes & Research Swasthya Diabetes Care...Read more

The web site is stopdiabetesindia.org/

Any post or reply to post which does not relate to health issues but touches extraneous issues such as the post as above as also deviating the topic to politics personal issues bordering boasts of personal achievents which has no direct interest to the forum members including criticizing doctors, national and international organizations can be as hostile to the above policy.and hence to be avoided..It is also necessary to honor and respect the rules of HU reproduced below for

LCHF dieters reproduced below

“New rules in Diabetes India

UliUli HealthUnlocked 2 months ago 53 Replies

After having a long conversation with our colleagues, we met the decision that we *proceed* with LCHF Diabetes Community policy. Users are KINDLY asked to post about LCHF in the related community: healthunlocked.com/lchf-dia...

As Diabetes India is a very "problematic" community, additional rules apply:

1. every provocative post will be deleted

2. users who are using offensive language and personal abuses, will be restricted from the community FOREVER straightaway, without any discussion. (I remind you that *hardliner* is ALSO a personal abuse)

3. those users, who report post or/and replies they simply disagree with, will be ignored”

So, be CAREFUL what to write and what to report. Report a spam, scam, personal abuses and offensive language.

This seems to be the only way to make discussions in this community healthier.

This applies from now on and the discussion is closed.

• And, these doctors who founded the forum never come to site.

stopdiabetesindia.org/ is a commercial operation and not some free operation, IMHO. I am sure they also would never believe in Homeopathy, being allopathy doctors themselves.

Probably they stopped coming as they got all the needed advertisement for their site and operations.

IF (intermittent fasting) has nothing to do with LCHF.

I have had a long communication with the Lady doctor listed by you, in 2013. Go through my old posts and you will find it.

Qualification is immaterial in a peer-to-peer support forums. They have relevance on PAID consultation medical sites like healthcaremagic.com etc.

Agreed insulting fellow members should never be resorted to. Hope everyone adheres to it and not call others as half learned, fake and clone etc and then try to preach decency here. Rules are for all.

• That's OK then, and takes the discussion forward!

• Should you eat the breakfast even if you are not hungry-your bowel movements-natures call just come up as soon as you get up at 5.30 AM, from sound sleep every day, has nice energy to go for a walk of 5-6 kms with home routines of childrens school dropping-grossary buying and returning by 10.30? I generally follow newdiet4you.org of Balubhai Chauhan. millions follow it. It is a free guidence provided with scores of testimonials -with contact nos. NOT JUST OPINIONS. But proof provided. Yes it needs WILL POWER to leave the habits and think out of box. Please go in depth of the subject-meet balubhai Chauhan-as scores of other doctors that have met him and got theire views clarified-free of any charges-with testimonials. I am 70 years-male and am bennefited tremendously. At present no illnesses to report with. Bipin Shah

• this is a general advice by a doctor.If you are following a system different than this, you dont have to change if it has worked for you.

• dear ragivrao ji,

i think ,

to take a breakfast is standard advice.

it looks when food enters the stomach in the morning

a lot of insulin is released via incretins and the liver stops releasing the glucose.

thus in some cases the ppbs goes even below fbs.