Do you know where your food comes from?

Do you know where your food comes from?

You may picture an idyllic farm where cows graze in green grass and chickens peck food around a red barn, but the reality, according to David Kirby, is quite different.

Most of our meat in America comes from animals born and raised in factories, a fact which Kirby believes is putting America on the bring of a major environmental and public health disaster.

David Kirby, a regular contributor to the Huffington Post since 2005 and TakePart since 2012, has been a professional journalist for 30 years, and was a contracted writer for The New York Times for four of those years. He is also author of Evidence of Harm, a New York Times bestseller, winner of the 2005 Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE) award for best book, and finalist for the New York Public Library Helen Bernstein Award for Excellence in Journalism, Animal Factory, an acclaimed investigation into the environmental impact of factory and Death at SeaWorld, Shamu and the Dark Side of Killer Whales in Captivity, a subject that continues to make headlines today. He is currently working on a new book, about the steady erosion of constitutional rights in this country.

Kirby’s book makes the case that not only are the conditions for these animals horrific, but the mass amount of waste can lead to many deadly diseases such as

– swine flu

– e coli

– bird flu

– mad cow disease

and more…

David Kirby will speak at the September 9-18, 2016 Real Truth About Health therealtruthabouthealthconf...

Last edited by

6 Replies

• What about India and Indian diabetics in particular?

America, we know per capita protein consumption is 10 times that of India so American standards don't apply to animal protein food sources here in India, so all that American colon cancer stats because of meat don't exist here.

We don't have Tyson Foods and Hormel in India operating those large scale factories. Whatever beef is produced here is primarily for exports.

Let's talk something on Indian diabetics, and Indian source of food here. No?

How is this post or any such post helping any diabetic here? Can you elaborate?

• Anup

i'm not a non vegetarian and don't eat meat. But i have an impression that in indian the animals are not kept in hygenic conditions nor are the meat after slaughtering the animals. Infected weak and diseased animals are slaughtered for food and i have seen meat hanging in the front part of shops with lots of flies on it.

Ideally cut meat should be kept protected may be in refrigerators.

Very unhygenic

• We wash it, marinate it (turmeric used) cook it and not eat raw :)

• 😀😀😀😀😆😆😆

Not against anyone or anything anup

• I know Sunil :)

• let ppl preach veg to mamta banerjee (CM West Bengal) who considers eating beef her birth right. TMC goons will show what is healthy and what is unhealthy.

why that, let them try shutting down all slaughter houses in Kerala first where a professors arm was chopped of for some reasons. quoting Kerala as ppl talk kerala very often here.

You may also like...