Calorie density really-- a common-sense approach

Calorie density really-- a common-sense approach

Calorie density really is a common-sense approach to sound nutrition and is the cornerstone of good health. It is the simplest way to lose and/or manage your weight for life. By following a few simple principles, you will increase the amount of food on your plate while decreasing your overall caloric intake, all without ever having to go hungry. At the same time, you will be optimizing your overall nutrient intake.

The Calorie Density Approach

Calorie density is simply a measure of how many calories are in a given weight of food, most often expressed as calories per pound. A food high in calorie density has a large number of calories in a small weight of food, whereas a food low in calorie density has much fewer calories in the same weight of food. Therefore, one can consume a larger portion of a low-calorie dense food than a high-calorie dense food for the same number of calories. On a day-to-day basis, people generally eat a similar amount of food, by weight. Therefore, choosing foods with a lower calorie density allows us to consume our usual amount of food (or more) while reducing our caloric intake.

2 Replies

• Dear raoji,

But one must psychologically prepare for a success.

Some tricks are to be added to get this practical.

One tricky way

I found successful

Is several small meals. To which I gave a name. :split meals.

This thing can lead you to a small volume stomach.

It is almost a discovery by me.

I n course of time your stomach will reject over eating.

No muscle power needed with your feelings of satiety.

Good luck

• Simple but great!

You may also like...