"What Is Deep Vein Thrombosis?"

"What Is Deep Vein Thrombosis?"

"Deep vein thrombosis (throm-BO-sis), or DVT, is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body. Blood clots occur when blood thickens and clumps together.

Most deep vein blood clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. They also can occur in other parts of the body.

A blood clot in a deep vein can break off and travel through the bloodstream. The loose clot is called an embolus (EM-bo-lus). It can travel to an artery in the lungs and block blood flow. This condition is called pulmonary embolism (PULL-mun-ary EM-bo-lizm), or PE.

PE is a very serious condition. It can damage the lungs and other organs in the body and cause death.

Blood clots in the thighs are more likely to break off and cause PE than blood clots in the lower legs or other parts of the body. Blood clots also can form in veins closer to the skin's surface. However, these clots won't break off and cause PE."

clots form due to the physiology of platelets

in order to prevent bleeding.

but in my opinion it breaks into pieces because of mechanical reasons like muscle movements.

the embolus causing blocks is radically distinct from

a block caused by atherosclerosis[and embolus together]

where the flow of blood is already constricted.

atherosclerosis is a gradual process of

decreasing inner diameter of an artery

due to accumulation of fats and debris by sticking to the artery walls=

this thing in almost all cases

is irreversible.

so high fat eating ,especially saturated fats is a detriment to health.

two years ago

i wrote article here

telling that when there are carbs in blood,the

body jumps for

carbs for atp,ie, energy,

because it is shorter path to what they call the citric acid cycle.

so fats become redundant easier than

in the absence of glucose..

this is not an excuse to reject carbs

because carbs are

available in vegetables with other nutrients which are inseparable.

naturally we can reject

pure sugar.

the balanced meal and medicine[if necessary] is the optimum solution-

otherwise meet the long term consequences.

good luck

good luck

9 Replies

• please also read:

How Do You Know if It’s Deep Vein Thrombosis?

•By Jennifer Acosta Scott

• Reviewed by Pat F. Bass, III, MD, MPH

• Ragivrao

dvt has a different etiology.

Stagnation of blood circulation, injury to the venous wall and hypercoagulability of blood are major factors. Nothing to do with high fat diet directly.

• "so high fat eating ,especially saturated fats is a detriment to health.

two years ago

i wrote article here

telling that when there are carbs in blood,the

body jumps for

carbs for atp,ie, energy,"

Dear indiacratus

Please go through the above link.

Many nutritionists and researchers all over world have now realized that carbs are the culprits for chd and atherosclerosis. Insulin is an anabolic hormone. As long as it's present in the blood it won't allow lipolysis. So if we as diabetics and even all those nondiabetics want to get rid of body fat must have a low levels of insulin in their blood. Every body is now recommending low carb diet to the extent of 20g/day to keep insulin low.

All the experts also now agree that good fats like coconut oil, vco, homemade ghee and cow ghee etc are not harmful. Actually high carb diet leads to hyperinsulinemia which being anabolic and lipogenic hormone promotes the fat synthesis in our body. Actually now they postulate that carbs are responsible for the inflammatory damage to the tissues and arterial endothelial linings. Fats are simply there to do repairing work. On the contrary vco, palm kernel oil, black cumin oil, ghee etc have high percentage of mct and other antioxidants which prevent such complications.

Now there are many all over world who recommend lchf diet. Many run low carb/ no carb short term courses to correct ( our) metabolic breakdown. Not only for diabetics but also for nondiabetics people who want to lose weight or get rid of many diseases like chd and neuromuscular pain. The world is changing and so are the understanding about metabolic diseases.

• My interview on LCHF with a R P Goenka group magazine -- the magazine has hit the stands and online version will be live early next week. I will post details when the online version is live. Till then I may just post a teaser thread separately with just the image :)

World is changing, LCHF is being recommended by professionals. And, in the interview, through the magazine I have indirectly challenged the mainstream to do trials and we will provide not just 20 but even 400 guys and gals -- diabetics on LCHF diet.

But, we know mainstream in India also will never accept the challenge because $850 billion (diabetes care industry annual turnover) is at stake globally. NIN (India) just does a copy paste work from US/UK pamphlets.

A keto adapted body doesn't jump to carbs. Dr Peter Attia has a scientific study done on this. Doesn't matter if experts cannot understand the same. We can because we are ready to learn new things.

• Wow...Congratulation anupjee...for interview....looking forward to read the same

• Thanks!

Teaser already posted!

Will keep updating the thread bit by bit :)

• He he...Anup will remain Anup :)

"Teaser already posted!"

:D ...

• Well, if you look at how people write travelogues, teaser is nothing in negative sense. Check a few travelogues on team-bhp.com. Or even the unclear images of new product launches are called teasers.

It's a snazzy way of saying posted trailor :)

• Good to know that :) ...I only knew one meaning :)

You may also like...