the below given are the US fat intake recommendations.The 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans offers the following recommendations

the below given are the US fat intake recommendations

The 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans offers the following recommendations about dietary fat intake:

Avoid trans fat.

Limit saturated fat to less than 10 percent of calories a day.

Replace saturated fat with healthier monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.

Be aware that many foods contain different kinds of fat and varying levels of each type. For example, butter contains unsaturated fats, but a large percentage of the total fat is saturated fat. And canola oil has a high percentage of monounsaturated fat but also contains smaller amounts of polyunsaturated and saturated fat.

14 Replies

• they have not mentioned any limit for good fats in these recommendations

here is the first article

• Their basic presumption of Saturated fat being BAD is WRONG. So rest doesn't make sense. They have never provided any proof. Only OPINIONS on SFA defending the same old Ancel Keys LIES.

• The usual appeal to authority. 

• never answer to the point.

• if the us people have given a limit to good fats ,

what is there ?

i am ready to correct myself.

if i do not correct myself

how can i claim to be a man with the world bodies?

• us means US

• This should remove many misconceptions.

• good night patliputra.

• To reverse diabetes, Ignore the Authorities:

Enuff said :)

• Daring approach,I am one of the victims,now seen the light at the end of tunnel,no,insulin,medicines,carbo,dairy products,,36 yrs.of diabetics,,fasting sugar under contro,see my recording in you tube,,

• How much % of peoples in U S  diabetes T 1 and T2

• Few stats:

(1) 34% of Americans are obese and two thirds are overweight. This represents more than a 200% increase from 1970 -- -- Low fat nonsense started from 70's

(2) Over 8% of Americans are diabetic, and if you include those undiagnosed, an additional 26% of Americans are pre-diabetic. This represents more than a 400% increase from 1970 -- Low fat nonsense started from 70's

(3) Every 7 seconds someone in the world dies from a diabetic complication (this is not a typo).

(4) Diabetes is also the leading cause of stroke, blindness, kidney failure requiring transplantation, all amputations combined, and many other medical problems.

(5) A recent study in Obesity estimates that by 2030, 50% of Americans will be obese and 79% will be overweight.

And the best part is -- experts are busy counting cash made from a Horrible Dietary Advise. The profits and turnover of drug industry keeps growing.

An easier question would be --HOW MANY IN THE US are DRUG Free?

• USA to sell their industrial oils fooled all about sat fats

We had a rich heritage of taking ghee and makan 

And like fools we follow their recommended diets

Poisons created by USA

Coke and sugary stuff

Industrial oils like canola oil, soya oil, hydrogenated oils

Genetically modified soya and grins

Manipulation of trial and guidelines

Our grandma knew better than these demons 

• It all started with the first man made TRANS FAT -- CRISCO from Proctor & Gamble. Canola is another CRAP.

You may also like...