The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time

The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time

With the birth of the new science of sleep, we began to discover that sleep is in fact deeply connected to every aspect of our physical and mental health. Far from being a time of inactivity, sleep keeps many parts of the brain feverishly busy, and what they’re doing — or not doing, If we neglect sleep — it has huge consequences.

Sleep deprivation is linked with increased risks of diabetes, heart attack, stroke, cancer, obesity, and Alzheimer’s disease. Read the article here:

2 Replies

• "O sleep! O gentle sleep!

Nature’s soft nurse,

how have I frighted thee,

That thou no more wilt weigh my eyelids down

And steep my senses in forgetfulness?"

2 Henry IV (3.1.7-10), Shakespeare

There is an epidemic of sleep disorders, especially in certain parts of the world.  This is associated with ( - although NOT in all cases caused by) the more acknowledged weight gain/obesity epidemic.  What's really going on ? ? ?

There are many guesses - few are coming up with an adequate explanation to reasonably satisfy the reliable observations.  Could a disruption of the microbiome be involved in the sleep disorder and weight-gain epidemics ? ? ? 

See for example:

However, even if the microbiome disruption is involved, what can be done to address that cause ?  Have ANY effective therapies been demonstrated yet ?

• so      what  is    left . The    quality  of    sleep  is  important    and`   not    quantity .

You may also like...