Quality of Long Wheat

Quality of Long Wheat

You must be knowing that, if long wheat is not original, it will not work as desired. I was purchasing long wheat from "Vithal Gangaram (Menkar Vijoy Kumar Vithal)", Pune. Earlier, I got the right one, but this time I am little bit doubtful whether it is the right one or not. Earlier, it could be cooked (boiled completely) within 45-60 mins in a pressure cooker after soaking it for 8 hrs. But, this time even after soaking it for 13 hrs and cooking it for 90 mins or more it is not being boiled completely and moreover shape of boiled wheat is completely different from earlier ones.

Forum members following LWMDR religiously are cordially requested to come forward if anybody is having similar experience and also requested to furnish the name and contact details of other suppliers who are supplying good quality long wheat (with price).

I will be sharing my experience with long wheat in last week of Mar'16 after getting BS tests done in a Kolkata based laboratory.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck and God bless

Last edited by

39 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yesterday I purchased long wheat from Pune market...i.e.Mandai.As per my knowledge it is the pure long wheat..as I have seen same during my childhood in villages.At my home town same was used for making Sevai.

I am going to eat chapatti of same.Haven't yet started but starting soon.Will let you know the results.

• Dear 'cure'

Thank you very much for quick response.

• What is cost of long wheat and from where?plz send me address

• Do you seen the packet Whether nutrtional content is mentioned If so please share It helpful so many members who consumed LW The members purchased LW may confirm the quality of LW

• Sorry sir, I have not purchased packed long wheat, hence, there was no nutritional information.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

• LW is available in Trivandrum in couple of shops near my house. I buy them in loose weight, not in pre-pack under brand name. Per kg is around Rs 100. it varies from time to time.

• Rs 100 per kg for loose LW in Trivandrum appears to be on the higher side.

• Dear Mr. George,

Due to vagaries of weather Khapli Gehun prices seem to have hardened every where and supply has much reduced.

• Oh, I see. This is a useful information. Similar thing has happened earlier also in case of agricultural products.

• Sir, I got it from M/s Vithal Gangaram Manekar, Pune (Maharashtra). Mob No. +919850766330 @ Rs. 80/- per Kg. Plus he charged Rs. 230/- for 10 Kg as Transport Charges. Plus I had to pay Rs 100/- to the same transporter in his Delhi office here. So a total of Rs. 1130/- for 10 Kg. I wish we could get some better supplier.

• Thanks a lot 'DCVM'. Can you please upload the photo of LW you have purchased from M/s Vithal Gangaram Manekar, Pune (Maharashtra).

• Asoreka Ji, I had already uploaded the photo on 12.03.2016 and you were the 'First' to confirm that "Yes, this is Long Wheat". Please re-check.

• Thanks a lot sir.

• Dear frnds . i have taken Long wheat from Vita , Sangli but it was available with small quantity. also it is perishing more fast than normal wheat , but i got the same at 35 Rs / kg. let me know if there are more orders , i can ask respective farmer to produce on demand.

• I have used LW a lot. It is grown with only rain irrigation. Depending on weather, time of rain, soil and weather during ripening, characteristics vary. My gut feel is this is harder and even better. If you send photos I can try to help

• You are right anilguptaji. Without seeing at least a clear close-up picture it will be difficult for many people to make out whether it is any different stuff or not.

• Sir, I have uploaded the picture of long wheat in my post on 18.03.16. Please confirm whether it is a good quality long wheat or not. The main problem is that after soaking (for 12 hrs) & boiling (for 1 hr) it is not expanding. Earlier 100g was sufficient for breakfast and dinner, but, now requirement is more than 200g for the same.

• In that case a possibility of some foul play to artificially increase trade & profit can not be ruled out.

• Thank you sir for your eagerness to help me. I am sure it is long wheat, however, there is a difference while it is being cooked as I have already mentioned. Please remove my confusion as you are much more experienced than me.

• Thank you also sir for your eagerness to help me. I am sure it is long wheat, however, there is a difference while it is being cooked as I have already mentioned. Please remove my confusion as you are much more experienced than me.

• Sir, I have uploaded the picture of long wheat in my post on 18.03.16. Please confirm whether it is a good quality long wheat or not. The main problem is that after soaking (for 12 hrs) & boiling (for 1 hr) it is not expanding. Earlier 100g was sufficient for breakfast and dinner, but, now requirement is more than 200g for the same.

• In that case a possibility of some foul play to artificially increase trade & profit can not be ruled out.

• Two mango trees in different location of a garden show variation. The trade buys from Gujarat one year, one part of Maha another year, another part of Maha third year. Rain falls different qty and time. Everything affects the endosperm.

Send us a close up if still confused.

• Vithal Gangaram Manekar, Pune (Maharashtra) must be making lot of money -- courtsey Diabetes India forum. Surprisingly this is not considered as SPAM? Promoting commercial activity on forums?

Just wondering!

• These people are spreading available knowledge and may be doing ad knowingly or otherwise.Anyway the dealers are benefited !!!!

• Which are the people who are spreading unavailable knowledge here? When people buy anything is it not (dealers getting benefited) what happens????? What is so strange in it?

KSHEERAMULLOORAKITIN CHUVATTILUM

CHOORA THANNE KOTUKINNU KAUTHUKAM!!!!!

• Today 23092016 as I had an unusual Breakfast, got Blood tested at a lab.

PPBS(2HR) 68.0 HbA1c 5.0

What is wrong in spreading available knowledge if it is beneficial to suffering fellowbeings???

• Congratulations shootergeorge

• Hmmmm ShooterGeorge sir.... congratulations....But this is really surprising....not very normal figure....

• Which is abnormal - PPBS or HbA1c or both? No "sir" please.

• HBa1c is normal.... but PPBs....I mean if u had breakfast... and then 68.... hmmm then what must be fasting?? below 60??? and that level you will get hypo....

hmmmm don't know ....much about this.... :(

• On my previous quarterly checkup PPBS was 86 but FBS was 95. Some respected members suspected higher Insulin Resistance.

That day my Fasting Serum Insulin was 5.41 micro U/ml.

The day on which PPBS was 68 I ddidn't feel any discomfort whatsoever!!! Hence as in the case of quarterly check up day I presume the FBS would have been greater than PPBS but less than 100.

• Thank you @Shashikanthiyengar.

• Dear ShooterGeorge

Could you please let us know the BF taken

Was it long wheat or some other items.. ?

• Of course yes I can dear @Shashikantiyengar.

It was a large Banana fruit + 6 slices of sweet rusk of "modern" bakery + one glass water. It was very sweet and filling. That was why I chose to test 2Hr PPBS.

• George sir,

I have a query, i eat LWMDR for morning and Dinner, Lunhc i have normal food like rice full stomach, is it ok to have Rice in Afternoons?, also my evening snack is also non-LW, hope it doesnt affect

• I used to take Rice for lunch during my LWMDR. Quantity of LW taken every time also matters a lot. One has follow weight guidelines to see results.

You may also like...