The Truth About the Drug Companies Lecture - Dr. Marcia Angell

" It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgement of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine. "

Dr Marcia Angell

Listen her SPEAK on drug companies -- it's influence on medical practice etc:

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • The corrupt system has an entire ecosystem.

• Nothing new in what he said. Anup. A few people can be bribed but not the entire community. Every doctor knows what Dr angell said

• 😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

Yes. Medical science is not simple. Every patient is different in physiology and biochemistry and hence responding differently to medicines and other forms of treatment.

Paracetamol is a very simple OTC drug used for headache and bodyache but in many including myself it's ineffective. The response to medicine also different at different times. I myself could not take fenugreek seeds ( if count that as medicine) more than a few days. I used to have severe pain in abdomen so much so that once i had to get my ecg done. But now for last 3-4 months i'm taking twice daily and there is absolutely nothing happening to me.

You may also like...