It was exactly today that I was detected Diabetic in 2011, with FBS/PPBS 129/229 and a repeat check a week later put me in a confirmed Type 2 forever even by ADA's HUGELY Relaxed limit (to sell stupid HIGH CARB LOW FAT nonsense) for being called a diabetic. More about me on my profile -- healthunlocked.com/anup
Ideally, anyone who cannot dispose of glucose as efficiently as a non diabetic is DIABETIC, because diabetes is like pregnancy -- It's either there or not there. So get over with fancy terms like Pre-Diabetes, Impaired Fasting Glucose tolerance, borderline diabetics etc, unless you like being complacent.
I was adamant not to go on drugs and did initially what doctor said , as was completely uneducated about diabetes. Walk walk and walk MINDLESSLY. 2 km, 4 Km, 6 Km a and I thought that i couldn't be walking for 2 Hrs a day just to manage blood sugar. There ought to be something else and more practical way of managing diabetes instead of walking from Earth to Moon in a lifetime. This is where LCHF stepped in. More about this later.
Few terrible experiences before being confirmed diabetic:
(1) Nov 2010, one night while having dinner I suddenly lost my voice. I freaked out completely, not sure WTF was going on with me. Didn't even finish my dinner. I did not want to visit a doctor to be told that my vocal chords have paralysed -- yea year later somewhere around Nov 2012 I read some paper out of Saudi Arabia that Diabetes can lead to vocal chord paralysis. Anyways, it took around 48 hrs for my voice to return to levels that I could talk, but even today I cannot shout hard. So, looks like diabetes did have impact on my vocal chords.
(2) Around the same period as in (1), a severe pain developed from groin, running along inner thigh down to calf muscles -- left leg. This had been so severe that while on bed for sleeping I had to use my right leg to support the left for changing sleep position. It was really terrible and even pain killers couldn't help.
(3) There have been few other negative experiences like what ophthalmologist called "SEVERE ALLERGY", mastication epiphora and such other Latin-Greek words for simple problems.
Enter LCHF around May 2011
After having got down blood sugar readings to FBS 60 and PPBS 102 by mindless walking, I bought myself some time to be off from doctor writing drugs. Must say, achieved this by April 2011. Since then I have been educating myself on everything about diabetes and diet. diabetesforum.com was the first forum that I found where all diabetics were living and preaching LCHF, but it was all western diet so all that I could take from there was the "Concept" of LCHF ti work on. From May 2011 onward started changing diet to move toward LCHF. Not only me, I even forced my WIFE to make the switch to as close to what I would be doing.
To cut the long story short, have been on LCHF diet since around June 2011. Cut down my walks to 3km and that too during monsoons, ZERO walks. As of now, I don't walk at all for managing blood sugar. Just 1 or 1.5 km max like a non diabetic for daily chores
Stint Here on this forum - Two Innings
Then in Jan 2013, saw an AD about this FORUM on my FB a/c. Joined this forum in Jan 2013 and there were hardly anyone posting. I remember one elderly lady writing motivational posts and one Type 1 doing copy paste type of posts back then. By that time I have had a longish experience on LCHF and had developed a STRONG CONTEMPT for ADA's criminal diet -- HIGH CARB LOW FAT nonsense -- to diabetics and also their so relaxed a limit for blood sugar and A1C, just because they preach HIGH CARB LOW FAT nonsense.
So, within a very short span of 4 months of starting to talk about LCHF out here, I developed few strong OPPONENTS who made sure that they picked on me in pack, in-pack hunting techniques, and since i was the lone person talking LCHF back then, the whole concept was very alien to Rice and Chahapti loaded diet that we Indians are "ADDICTED" to.
Again to cut the story short, the animosity against me grew to such a level that in-pack hunting technique had its first victim -- I was restricted from posting. But, by then (April 2013 IIRC), I had managed to have 20 Indian diabetics on board for LCHF with following being one of the most interesting case -- a BP patient, has had CVD/CHD, suffering from neuropathy and also high sugar levels despite loads of drugs and insulin with 27 years of diabetic history:
Someone from in-pack hunting team even called my posts "SPECULATIVE Blogging", called me frustrated, abused and insulted me in no uncertain terms, and one self-proclaimed nutritionist (who happened to be from same city as me) even threatened to send Hooligans to my house to bash me up.
So, after having been restricted, and after having seen what LCHF can do to health, I wasn't going to give up preaching LCHF. So started a forum -- LCHF Specific and For Indian diabetics, took time as had to arrange resources -- money & time. Link to forum is in my profile:
So, dlife.in was born on August 21, 2014 with all access being free. Lot of pre-launch help came in from diabetic friends on LCHF diet out here as we did not want the same to look like a "Ghost Town" on launch. Some here repeatedly claimed that we are making money from there but failed to provide any proof as usual. They had to oppose anything and everything LCHF, even if that meant speaking UTTER LIES :).
Second Innings here:
By the time my account was restored, LCHF movement already gained pace among Indians too. My account was restored around 8 months back with new features like Follow etc. Happy to see that in 8 months i could have 100 followers, with the 100th one being today -- the day I complete HALF A DECADE of DRUG FREE Type 2.
Thanks for all the support, love and most importantly the HATE against me. It's their HATE which pushes me to talk more and more about LCHF, and spend money from pocket to spread the message. So, special thank you to all those who insulted, hated and abused me.
Switch to LCHF diet and enjoy great health with least dependence on drugs.
(1) Don't FEAR FAT.
(2) FEAR the CARBS coz it's the CARBS that's killing your health, your finances and making DRUG companies richer by ever passing second. At the end of the day, everyone has to die. So why die by making the DRUG companies and medicare setup rich when you can easily avoid waste of money by looking toward what is really healthy for YOU! Live healthy, die healthy and yet leave lot of cash for family by not wasting it on DRUGS when diet can do wonders.
(3) Walking 2 hrs daily is not the solution and never will be. A 12 year study on Type 2 FAILED miserably.
(4) Eating 10 times a day is MOST horrible solution. I eat two meals a day without starving
(5) LCHF naysayers will still say Aah! It's only five years. They said the same in 2013 -- its only two years and would say the same when even when it is 20 years
(1) Ignore the typos and grammar. Fast typing and long post and i Don't do "COPY PASTE" type talking
(2) Having completed half a decade, and posted enough on LCHF out here, will be frequenting less out here from today. Spending more time on dlife.in which has grown with lot many INDIAN diabetics actively helping n00b's
Over and Out!