KUNDRI CAN REDUCE SUGAR LEVEL TO NORMAL

Today my brother in law is telling that by taking 1 raw kundru in morning and evening along with medicine his BS PP is always normal though he is not maintaining much restrictions (taking two sweets etc daily).

I have searched net and find this article.

healthbenefitstimes.com/hea...

Have any idea about it?

21 Replies

oldestnewest
  • KUNDRI is called PARWAL in Hindi ??? are u tlaking about PARWAL ????

• can you show the photo of the kundru.

• it is not parwal small in size klick the link provided to know m ore with photo.

• Hello Sir,

Kundru or Kundri is not Parwal, it's totally different vegetable mostly grown and used in Eastern part of our country.

• No. It is not Parwal. Parwal has fake while lines over elliptical in shape, when cut it has Bhindi like seeds. Kundru is more green when cut it is sometimes red and it is little tangy in taste. Parwal is bit large in size. Kundru is thinner than Parwal.

• Not FAKE WHILE INES but FAINT WHITE LINES

• It is called "Kovai cai" in tamil and IVY GOURD in English. It is freely available in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka

• What is the name in kannanada of kovai cai

• Scientific Name- “Coccinia Grandis”,

Ivy Gourd, Gentleman’s Toes (English)

Dondakaya, Dondakai (Telugu)

Tondakayi (Kannada)

Vargoli (Hindi)

Tindora, Ghiloda (Gujarati)

Kovakkai (Malayalam)

Kovaikai (Tamil)

• Tendali or Tondali in Marathi.

• GO TO Health benefits of Ivy Gourd AND YOU GET THE RIGHT THING

• What is the name in kannanada of kovai cai

• What is this kundru and where it is available.what is it's Hindi name as i heard first time this.

• It's Hindi name is KUNDRU Or KUNDRI. Found in Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, UP

Delhi , Haryana.

• Following is an extract from Coccinia grandis on wikipedia. It is mentioned that it regulates BS, but no final conclusion. So we can try it for 15 days and report finding so as a feedback to friends. Only thing, no mention of how to eat it. Let us eat raw and come with finding. I will do it from today evening.

In traditional medicine, fruits have been used to treat leprosy, fever, asthma, bronchitis and jaundice. The fruit possesses mast cell stabilizing, anti-anaphylactic and antihistaminic potential.[5] In Bangladesh, the roots are used to treat osteoarthritis and joint pain. A paste made of leaves is applied to the skin to treat scabies.[6]

Ivy gourd extracts and other forms of the plant can be purchased online and in health food stores. It is claimed that these products help regulate blood sugar levels. There is some research to support that compounds in the plant inhibit the enzyme glucose-6-phosphatase.[7] Glucose-6-phosphatase is one of the key liver enzymes involved in regulating sugar metabolism. Therefore, ivy gourd is sometimes recommended for diabetic patients. Although these claims have not been supported, there currently is a fair amount of research focused on the medicinal properties of this plant focusing on its use as an antioxidant, anti-hypoglycemic agent, immune system modulator, etc.[citation needed] Some countries in Asia like Thailand prepare traditional tonic like drinks for medicinal purposes.

• It is smaller than parwal almost 1/3 rd size almost tastes like cucumber.

• A1C I don't know. But day before yesterday in a party after consuming almost 5 baked rasagollas he took his pp reading after 2 hours it was 90. He couldn't beleive it and so took again in accucheck active it was again 90.

He takes kundri one during breakfast of 2 rotis + sabji +one sweet generally sandesh and one during tea time in the evening puffed rice with a kundri and some sabji and chenna.

one doctor MBBS and MD has suggested him this tips as he is addicted to sweets.

I am in LWMD regime and my pp is hovering between 145 to 150. After taking 2 kundri my pp becomes 120 after 1 hour and I felt a slight bit dizzy but don't know wether for it or just now my pressure is fluctuating for 3-4 days for that reason.(130 - 150/70).

• But he is also taking medicine I don't know what. He was telling before taking kundri even with taking the same medicine his pp was always 180 - 190.

• As it is only a vegetable lets try it and share the experience so that we can learn from it. Just take one at a time so that low sugar problem does not arise.

• I have been using ivy gourd as suggested by a herbalist and it reduced my blood sugar levels and improved liver function.

ijprd.com/204-NOV-10-14.pdf

These researches may not be like those reported in Mayo Clinic site .

I used to have a smoothie of 4 green kovakka, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

It is a bit slimy, but if the fruit is tender and liquidised thoroughly, it is Ok to have it this way. Eating the vegetable as a salad is more palatable, but my Vaidyan insisted on this method.

Now I will try splitting it up with each meal. I had stopped the practice for some time.

We had planted the vine so as to get fresh vegetable each day. It is easy to grow from cuttings.

• Please inform us the developments with treatment with IVY GOURD in present situation, Are you still continuing?

You may also like...