I can say with conviction that low carb diet does reduce one's blood sugar. I have been abstaining from rice, wheat chapaties n it worked !

In addition to switching over to low carb diet, regular long walks, minimum 15 minutes yoga has reduced my blood sugar. I have stopped taking wheat flour chapaties and taking Bajre ki roti. I take rice just for the sake of it, walk 2-2 1/2 km daily, and do Pranayama for 15 minutes everyday. I am on PPG Met0.3 OD, and Glycomet trio2 BD for last 3 months. My FF is 130 and PP is 160. I feel better n energetic.

30 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Dear medfree, I find horse gram carb content is 0 . It can be used boiled for snacks with onions and chilly. K.rangaswamy

• Please google it and I found 745 protein and zero carb.Kindly confirm K.rangaswamy

• Dear sir, With high diabetic, there is always a fear of kidneys developing problem. More proteins mean more problems.

• How to hv filling.

• I confirm the above statement. I take Oat in BF, and no Chapati in dinner.

It works fine.

• Pl change ur name. Hapless is self-degradation gives negative vibes.

• Medfree, what is your take on Oats ? Is it Ok as dinner or breakfast ?

• I do take oats porridge once a day. It is made with 2 tb. spoon of oats with vegetables and coconut oil. Compared to a chapati of 40 gms atta the carbs in in this porridge is only about half of the chapati. One must stick to <100gms carbs per day.

• My BS has also become normal sans medicine by LCHF diet

• For making oat upma in breakfast, it will require only 20 gm of oat in place of chapati of 40 gm. So basically you are consuming less carbs in comparison to wheat. As remember, I had achieved my best Hba1c of 5.5 while taking oat upma breakfast for 2-3 month. I am not sure but may be some inherent benefit of oat.

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tna...

• My question still remains unanswered !!! I had requested if I take chapatti then what should it be made up of, to ensure there are minimum / negligible carbs in it.

• I think the implication is that it is difficult to make chapatti without the use of a grain, which tend by nature to be high in carbohydrate. Legumes, such as chickpeas or vegetables may be used, and even then not recklessly. You have to watch the amount of carbohydrate you eat.

Keep your carbohydrate intake between 10 and 14 portions per day (1 portion = 10g carbohydrate), ideally 3 meals x 4 carb portions. Follow this link uk.sitestat.com/diabetes/we...

Eat low GI carbs, reducing intake of fructose too which glycosylates haemoglobin seven times as much as glucose. Follow this link glycemicindex.com/

Make up the balance of your meals with natural, additive-free, unprocessed protein and fat foods such as meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, cheese, coconut oil, palm oil (not hydrogenated), olive oil, butter, duck fat, goose fat, and lard.

• You can try a mixture of wheat flour, barley flour, besan, corn flour, ragi flour, bajra flour, flax seed, methi powder, soya flour. It will reduce the carb intake to some extent but chapati number should not go above 2.

• you can mix soya floor 60% , 10% Besan, and rest Bajra give a try, it will greatly reduce carbs. I donot take any roti, rice etc, it I taken I will do by taking a quarter roti only. and my fbs and pps are now normal

• Thanks, to you all.

• Medfree, ek chapatti se breakfast vi nahi ho pata.!!! I need atleast 2 for breakfast alone, with 2 boiled eggs and some vegetables. I'm already underweight by 6 kg ( 65kgs as against 72 normal). Can I not take diet to my desired quantity even after switching over to LCHF ?

• I'll follow your advise. I take 5 soaked almonds in the morning, abt 100 gms of dry chana during the day, 1 glass of Aloe vera juice a day. Eat more because I feel I'm not full. Since I take rice at noon just for the sake of it, I need to take atleast 2 chapaties each for lunch n dinner. I eat 2 fruits a day n 250 ml of whole milk with pinch of turmeric powder added at night,everyday. Yet, I'm not gaining weight at all, its 65 for last 5 yrs. Otherwise, as I stated I'm ok and energetic, do lots of gardening on my terrace and walk 2- 2 1/2 kms, every evening. Yes,I do smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day and day today stresses are unavoidable. Please advise why my DM is not getting to normal value.

• 4 chapaties but not of wheatflour, if its mixed atta of barley/ bajra and wheatflour ( as advised) will the roti then have less carbs and would it then be fine to take 1+2+2 chapatti a day, everyday ? Rest, will follow your advise as stated above.

• For most of us north Indians, roti is the principal constituent of each meal. I wish to ask if I eat roti prepared from atta of Barley, Bajra and wheat ( in equal proportion) will it reduce CARBS intake? if yes, then can I have 4 to 5 chapaties a day ?

• Thanks. Please let me know what should replace rotis ? IT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE in Mumbai AND AFFORDABLE as well. Further, May I know what do you eat in order to stay away from DM and drugs ?

• Dear Mr. Medfree, could you pl share what you take in lunch & dinner?

• Thank u so much for your advice. i will try to follow it.

• You should take the chapati's made of wheat flour, black gram and barley-all in equal quantity-reduce the ratio if it becomes too hard to eat. However, u can follow the following course of action for controlling ur diabeties-

A.Kindly understand that all of us are having the sugar in our body. The question is only that in our body it goes beyond the reasonable limits and that is why it starts giving problem. Further sugar levels going below the prescribed levels are equally not good. Therefore, cure is to keep it in within the reasonable limits. Once it has come within reasonable limits, our job is to keep and maintain it in within reasonable limits and that we can do without the help of medicines and by following the following course of action.

B.Kindly understand that our Blood Sugar level deviates from the reasonable acceptable limits, as we have restricted ourselves to our house/office and going away from nature. It happens due to lack/shortage of Oxygen in our body. In summer season, we prefer to apply Airconditions/Desert Coolers and in Winter Season, we prefer to apply Electric heaters etc, instead of taking fresh air from the nature/wearing warm clothes. So the solution is to minimize the use of these products and have oxygen/fresh air from the natural resources.

C. Kindly understand that we are having the habit of eating those fruits/vegetables & other items which suit to our taste and do not prefer to eat those items which are not according to our taste. Here the advice is to involve all permissible foods/vegetable/ dairy products & other eatables as part of our daily eating habits. Kindly understand that Diabeties interfers in our life, because of our focus on some specific eatables and ignorance towards the other valuble eatables required by our body. Here the cure is to have all permissible eatables are part of our daily routine. (Balance of Carbohydrates/vitamins/proteins & Minerals.

D.Kindly further understand that in present days, we need to involve light Physical Exercise/Yoga and Meditation as an integral part of our daily routine. Further we need to avoid unnecessary mental stress.

E.Further note that the digestion of food had of us is also equally important. Kindly eat less than what is desired by the stomach so that it can easily be digested. Have the food again after some time and allow it to digest properly.

1. Get up early in the morning, before the sun rises and go on terrace and do the exercise of INHALE & EXHALE of oxygen, just for 20 minutes.

2. Go for a normal work, morning and evening, 30 minutes, each time.

3. Take a glass of hot water (As hot as tea), 15 minutes after Lunch & Dinner and it will wash out the sugar so created by the food so consumed.

4. After 30 minutes of lunch, take a teaspoon of powder of Dry Awla (Goosberry) and Saunf (Aniseed) (both in equal quantity) with normal water. Both Awla/Amla and Aniseed are available either at the shops of dryfruits or where the spices are available.

5. If you want to take Rice, as part of food, take it after taking out the water from Rice or preferably take Brown Rice.

6. If you want to take Potato, as part of Vegetable, always take boiled potatos and take it in liquid form and not in dry form.

7. Take Chapati, prepared of wheat combining of -Wheat Flour, Black Gram and Barley-All in equal quantities. Black Gram will support the function of heart and Barley will clean up and strength the kidney functions. (Reduce the ratio if the chapatti becomes hard to eat).

8. Use of Refined Flour (Maida) should be restricted as far as possible, as it is highly contributory factor in increase of Diabeties. Therefore, the items made of Refined Flour such as normal bread, PAAO, Pizzabase, Samosa, Bhature etc should be avoided as far as possible. However, Brown Bread can be taken.

9. Take Fruit and Vegetable Salad, as integral part of food, without pouring Salt and Chat Masala or any other spice on it, at the time of Lunch & Dinner.

10. Take Sprouts and Milk Products as integral part of daily food. Milk Products includes Double Toned Milk, Curd, Buttermilk and Paneer.

11. Mix up 1/4th teaspoon of Haldi Powder(Termeric powder) in winters and reduce it to one pinch in summer season (Yellow in color) with a glass of hot milk, without sugar and have it 30 minutes before going to bed. It will purify the blood in the body and also eliminates every type of pains and weaknesses in the body and further strength the body.

12. Avoid taking vegetables like Pototaos, Sweet Potatos, Carrot etc. having the sweet contents and fruits like, sugarcane, Mango, oranges, Bannanna, grapes etc.

13. You can have vegetables like Cauliflower, Cabbage, Methi (Fenugreek Leaves), Palak, Raddish, Lady Finger, Tinda, etc.

14. You can have fruits like, Gowua, Apple, Pomigrantte, Watermelon, Pappaya etc.

15. Take the leafts of Raddish and have it in raw form as part of salad.

16. During Summer Season, always take Buttermilk-salted one, as part of food. It will improve digestive system and reduce the overburdening of Liver function.

17. Avoid taking normal tea & Coffee. Always take Green Tea.

18. Avoid taking Oily and more salty food. Reduce the consumption of oil, butter, Ghee and always consume easily digestable food.

19. Take one Karela (Bitter Melon/Bitter Gourd/Bitter Squash) and four Tomatos, make a juice of them and have it twice a day.

20. Always go for medical tests of brain, heart, liver, kidney and eyes, once in a year. For Blood Sugar, always go for HB1C and Sugar PP-every three months, in order to observe the developments. Also go for checking the numbness of the feet and take soft brush for cleaning the teeth.

21. Always take the restricted food, as mentioned above, in reasonable quantity, at least once in a week, so that inner system of the body will remain conversant with the restricted items also.

22. Change in life style and eating habbits is equally important to medicine. If we depend only on medicines and will not change our life style and eating habbits, then after sometime, medicine may stop working.

23. Change in Life Style also includes taking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner at fixed time, Getting up early in the morning, going to bed maximum by 10 PM at night, Have a sound sleep of at least 6-8 hours a day, do not go for sleep during the day time.

24. For improving the strength in the body, Five Almonds and Five Wallnuts should be consumed. However, Cashewnuts and Raisin (Kismish) should be avoided. Further all Five types of MAGAJ are equally beneficial.(Available on the shops, where Dry Fruits are sold).

25. For Sexual & Urinary disorders, soak one teaspoon of Methi Dana in one glass of normal water, for overnight. In the morning, take out Methi Dana and consume the water, empty stomach.

• Many thanks for your valuable advise.

• 'I take rice just for the sake of it,' I could not follow the meaning. can you please tell you diet plan

• By that I meant, "I ate rice one small laddle, ONLY during lunch".

• If u can restrict to bajra it is gooe. Whole wheet atta is not a big culprit and unpolished rice r known to check b/s. Unpolished rise increase the sugar level gradually unlike white rice which give a kick to this level.

• I used accu check strips and tested by fasting and pp and found my Fasting sugar was 140 and after 2 hrs of food intake was 137. why is the pp value less than fasting ??? My blood sugar fasting has aways been less than pp value. Can any forum member throw some light on this ?

• I have not been getting replies to my questions for last 1 week. I have not been getting any info

from Diabetes India forum as I regularly used t get earlier. What could be the problem ?

• I have already replied you.

You may also like...