I am unable to sit on the floor by folding my both legs for more than a minute. If I try to do so, pain starts. l

I get pain above the knee joint and Hip/Theigh joint. I get pain till I straight my leg. Is there any solution to overcome this .Any ayurvedic or Homeo medicine , which can give me some relief. I invite suggestions from my well wisher as well as from Doctors, who can give me free medical advice. I am looking forward for number of replies from my well wishers.

Regards

P. VISHWANATHAN IYER

080-28600202.

DATED: 25-08-2013.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This is a common problem as the age advances.But why depend on medicines.Do some simple exercises to stretch the lower abdomen.You will get relief.I had the same problem due to disc degeneration and also left hip pain.Since about a month my pain has mostly gone and I can sit on the floor for a few minutes.

• Dear Venkatramana,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I want a slight elaboration of lower abdomen exercise. It would be nice if you kindly explain how to do these exercises, so that I can do the same in the house , Hope you will help me in explaining its posture and how to carryout.

Expecting a reply

Regards

P. VISHWANATHAN IYER

080-28600202.

DATED{ 26-08-2013.

• Dear Venkatramana,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I want a slight elaboration of lower abdomen exercise. It would be nice if you kindly explain how to do these exercises, so that I can do the same in the house , Hope you will help me in explaining its posture and how to carryout.

Expecting a reply

Regards

P. VISHWANATHAN IYER

080-28600202.

DATED{ 26-08-2013.

• SORRY i HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO YOU PROMPTLY BECAUSE OF PREOCCUPATION.i WILL REPLY AT THE EARLIEST.

• Dear Venkatramana,

Thank you and I am waiting for your reply but not in a hurry, you can take your own time.

Regards

P. VISHWANATHAN IYER

080-28600202.

DATED: 02-09-2013.

• I am trying to explain what I am doing to control the pain caused by degeneration of three lumbar discs. The pain was on the left side of the hip and sometimes very severe. Doctors do not recommend surgery for this condition and only remedy is physiotherapy. So,this is my daily routine soon after I get up in the morning.

1,Press the middle portion of right little finger with left thumb gently for about 30 to 40 times. This acts as acupressure and suggested on this web site.

2.Fold your hands so that the fingertips are resting on your shoulder joints. Rotate both hands six times clockwise and six times ant-i clockwise. The rotary movement should stretch the joints.

3.Raise the hands parallel to the ground in front and close the fists with the thumbs inside. Move the hands to the sides back and forth,12 times. The shoulder muscles get nicely stretched,.

4.Lie down on the bed in full stretch. Press down on the bed with the buttocks and release. Do it eight times.

5.Raise and fold the legs. Hold both knees with hands and press down on the abdomen and release. Eight times.

6.Lying down,fold the legs at knees. Keep the hands flat on the bed. Move both the legs to the left and then to the right. Eight times on each side.

7.Flat on bed,both hands in the side. Lift both legs up to the extent possible and hold for 5 to 6 seconds. Keep the legs always straight. Eight times.

8.Same exercise,but bend the legs at the knees and then raise them to the extent possible and hold for 5 to 6 seconds. Again eight times.

9.Lie down straight on the bed. Move the feet only forward and backward eight times.

10.Same position,but rotate the feet clockwise and anti clockwise,eight times each.

11.Same position,raise both hands and rotate at the wrists clockwise and anti clockwise,eight times each.

These are simple exercises that suit me and given good results. My hip pain is a thing of the past. Point is we are moving all the joints in the body and toning the body muscles that support the joints. You can try,add,improvise and arrive at an exercise regimen that suits you individually. I do hope I was clear enough and wish that you derive some benefit

• Dear Venkatraman,

thank you very much for explaining these postures. I will try to do these exercise and will be in touch with you for all necessary

information which I get from you.

Thaks a lot

YOURS

P. VISHWANATHAN IYER

080-28600202.

dated: 03-09-2013.

You may also like...