5 Most Common Low-Carb Mistakes (And How to Avoid Them)

authoritynutrition.com/5-mo...

1. Eating Too Many Carbs-->we may make this mistake, if not careful!

2. Eating Too Much Protein-->Many make this mistake!

3. Being Afraid of Eating Fat-->Raju has this!

4. Not Replenishing Sodium--> I never knew this!!

5. Not Being Patient-->I went through this for weight loss case!!!

Pls do go through the comments too---they r a good discussion.

Happy LCHFing :-)

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • U r right. We must learn how to live without much medicines.

• 30 months on LCHF seems to be a sufficiently long enough period to evaluate the improvement in the health of Pancreas. Have you or anybody else on LCHF tried it?

• Hi medfree,

"If ... ... would have been ... ..." Does this mean that no new ideas or results will emerge in the future, all findings are completed, growth of science is over once for all? It is indubitably applaud-able that for 30 months you have not taken any drug to control your Diabetes. That is really great. At the same time, if I am not wrong, you have compromised many of your dietary desires; otherwise you would not have taken two spoon scoups of rice occasionally for a change!

Me too have not taken any drugs to keep my blood sugar in the normal range FOR THE LAST EIGHTY ODD (80+) MONTHS (this, 80+, is close to 30X3); MORE OVER THIS IS WITH 2-3 FULL-STOMACH STARCHY MEALS DAILY.

There is a saying in my local language which can be translated as 'one who sleeps only can be woken up, one who pretends to be sleeping cannot be'.

The dictionary with me is a small one with just 1002 pages; in that I could not find the words uo, diffing or diff. So I am yet to understand what you mean by those.

You want to know WHO IRKED ME? NOBODY irked me & I am NOT irked at all :-) . May I ask you whether it is because somebody irked you that you are writing/responding to so many people here? (I spare the phrase you used on me earlier.) I repeat my words below:

When I do not get any mails, I DO scroll through older threads. IF OLDER THREADS ARE NOT TO BE SEEN BY MEMBERS, PLEASE SUGGEST THE ADMINISTRATORS TO REMOVE THOSE. IF OLDER THREADS ARE NOT TO BE COMMENTED OR RESPONDED, please ASK THE ADMINS TO DISABLE 'Reply' OPTION.

• Very good response, Mr. George. Anyway, we are not here for a tugh of war with words but to help one another get over the issues of diabetes. You emerged soon after Medfree and I had a difference of opinion recently regarding 'high fat' and I am sure he thought it is ME who irked you.

• So what should be eaten for high fat?

• Hi meenaraju,

Weighing food every time, for ever? What a pitiable life is it with LCHF!!!

• :-) :-) :-) About "digging old threads" I have already explained twice; so there is no point in repeating. I am NOT "intelligent" or "diabetic" as many others; I know it pretty clearly. I do not find any thing to be curious about in LCHF. My curiosity is about the reason why "intelligent" people like medfree, who does not fall in the category of "Tom, Dick & Harry", is not able to comprehend what I say.

In response to my words that I am cured of Diabetes, if somebody (how ever great he/she be) say "NO, YOU ARE NOT CURED, DIABETES CAN NOT BE CURED, IT CAN ONLY BE CONTROLLED" most or ALL of those who read it NOW OR IN FUTURE will think, opine & believe that I am NOT cured & I was telling a LIE & was trying to cheat the suffering Diabetic patients IF I DO NOT CLARIFY THINGS.

When medfree say "I am on LCHF for last 30 months, my blood sugar parameters are under control, High Fat does not cause any Lipid or CVD problems & I am happy", how can I or any body for that matter say "No, medfree can not be happy, he will have CVD & Lipid problems etc with High Fat diet"?

If somebody choose to say so, I am pretty sure that your reply will deafen the ears of the poor listener!

• are diabetics low in sodium??? can any one throw some light on this...because i've always heard that excess sodium is bad for B.P....my husband is diabetic and considering this fact

we have been using low sodium salt

• i totally agree with u...as even i have seen a drastic fall in my husbands BS levels after reducing carbs...as in his case he cannot eliminate them since he has to travel 15 days in a month...but i try to make up for those 15 days when he is at home....earlier his fasting used to be around 120 and pp 160-180 and HB A1C was 7.2 even after 1000mg of metformin and 1mg amaryl...by cutting down his carbs , his hba1c has come down to 6.1 in just 6 months and his fasting is 100 and pp 140-150...although he takes 3 mangoes in a day.....i'm sure his levels wud come down even more once he stops with the mango diet....slowly i'm looking forward to reducing his drugs as well...

You may also like...