If you think lowering Cholesterol reduces CVD you are living like "Alice In Wonderland"
STATINS given to person with no previous history of CVD have questionable benefits. It is shown STATINS have no benefit at all in majority of such cases. STATINS do cause muscle damage and elevated sugars. STATINS do cause Brain Fogging.
So what should you do? Read on because this article also says -- CUT DOWN GRAINS AND STARCHES (which ADA trained professionals and WIKIPEDIA tells you to eat more). referring to WIKIPEDIA for such matters is like reading a local daily newspaper for "MASALA News" ... WIKI isn't even allowed as reliable source of citation in any research in American universities.
LOW CARB HIGH FAT Diet does it all.
(1) It lowers Sugar levels and reduces load on pancreas.
(2) It doesn't trigger INSULIN response alike CARBOHYDRATES and PROTEINS so preserves your pancreas beta cells
(3) It lowers A1C values so leads to better health parameter.
(4) NO IT DOESN'T CAUSE Elevated CHOLESTEROL that we have been BRAINWASHED and FOOLED to believe.
(5) Diabetes medicines come down.
(6) Leads to lots of losses to MEDICARE Industry as lower and lower sales of PILLS and INSULIN.
If it ws not true then Dr Richard Bernstein should be dead by now but to dislike of those who talk nonsense against LCHF he is still going great at 80+ and maintain s A1C < 5.0 despite being a diabetics since age of 12.