how to control diabetes type II

Dear Friends I am 42 years old and have been ditected type ii diabetes three years ago i have been takin insulin injection morning and evening my weight before detecting dbts was around 55 kgs and now it has been reduced to 43kgs i just would like to ask how to overcome this insulin injection and to come on oral pills pls advise what measures should i take to overcome injectin and shift to oral pills any other guidance welcome regards RON

4 Replies

• You should try to understand why you are losing weight. Changing from insulin to tablets is not that important,Urine analysis may throw some light on your weight loss.Only a doctor can help you.

• Dear Ron, As you may be aware, Diabetes Type 2 is classified as life style disorder. Targeted nutrition may help you in managing your health better. You may contact me, in case you are in Bangalore for personalising the same.. 9483055378

• Check for c-peptide and GAD to rule out Type 1/1.5. Many a times diabetics are misdiagnosed and no one is willing to take the blame:

Continuous loss of weight isn't a good sign.

• Keep carbohydrate intake between 10 and 14 portions per day (1 portion = 10g carbohydrate), ideally 3 meals x 4 carb portions.

Eat low GI carbs

Make up the balance of your meals with natural, additive-free, unprocessed protein and fat foods.

Consult with a health professional with regard to changing medication.

You may also like...