how to control diabetes type II

Dear Friends I am 42 years old and have been ditected type ii diabetes three years ago i have been takin insulin injection morning and evening my weight before detecting dbts was around 55 kgs and now it has been reduced to 43kgs i just would like to ask how to overcome this insulin injection and to come on oral pills pls advise what measures should i take to overcome injectin and shift to oral pills any other guidance welcome regards RON

Skip

Featured Content

Living with diabetes?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You should try to understand why you are losing weight. Changing from insulin to tablets is not that important,Urine analysis may throw some light on your weight loss.Only a doctor can help you.

• Check for c-peptide and GAD to rule out Type 1/1.5. Many a times diabetics are misdiagnosed and no one is willing to take the blame:

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/201...

Continuous loss of weight isn't a good sign.

Thanks

DLife.in/

• Keep carbohydrate intake between 10 and 14 portions per day (1 portion = 10g carbohydrate), ideally 3 meals x 4 carb portions. uk.sitestat.com/diabetes/we...

Eat low GI carbs glycemicindex.com/

Make up the balance of your meals with natural, additive-free, unprocessed protein and fat foods.

Consult with a health professional with regard to changing medication.

You may also like...