Hypertension and hypotension - Diabetes & Hypert...

Diabetes & Hypertension Help Society
10,963 members1,300 posts

Hypertension and hypotension

redhead63
redhead63

Hi:

Does anybody have Hypertension and hypotension? I had to wear a 24 hour Blood Pressure Monitor and I read in my-chart the other day that the 24 hour Monitor said that I have Hypertension and hypotension. I do not have diabetes but I also have fluctuations on my GFR (kidneys) Number with a slightly elevated on my Creatinine.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

blood pressure is a rather blunt tool for diagnosing anything - pressure varies through out the day - tending to be lower in the morning and higher in the evening - it will also be higher if you are exercising. I suggest that you talk to the doctor that had you wearing the monitor.

You may also suffer from lower than normal bp if your fluid intake isn't sufficient.

Hi:

I make sure I drink at least 60 ozs. a day. I also drink 20 ozs. of water before I get out of bed every morning. Thanks anyway

redhead63
redhead63
in reply to Gambit62

Hi:

I do have an appointment to see a Nephrologist at the Mayo Clinic regarding my fluctuations on my GFR and blood pressure. Maybe it’s related to my left Renal Vein. Thanks

Hidden
Hidden

Are you on a beta blocker for your hypertension? I am on Lisinopril, Amlodipine, and Carvedilol for my hypertension. My Psychiatrist added Remeron to the mix for depression and it tipped me over after only 2 days into bradycardia and hypotension. I almost passed out, managed to check my sugar, which was fine, and when I checked my BP it was 100/60 with a HR <50. I thought I was going to die! Psych office was unimpressed and suggested I decrease Remeron by half. I refuse to take it! I’m not going through another episode like that! I think there can be many factors influencing our BP. I think beta blockers can definitely be a culprit. I hope your situation improves very soon! Hugs!!

redhead63
redhead63
in reply to Hidden

No, I am not on any meds. except Nitro when needed and that might be one Nitro every 3 months.

You may also like...