Hypertension + pre diabetics

Hi all. Feeling nice to be here.

Diagnosed essential hypertension 10 years back. On allopathic medicine & all under control.

Recent test reports are as follows.

FBS: 107

HbA1c : 7.0

MBG 177

HbA1: 8.7

Doctor told me I am pre-diabetics.

Advise to stop sugars in all forms.

LCHF Diet.

45 to 60 minutes walk per day.

No medication yet

Any valuable suggestions, advise most welcome please + share your experience + knowledge please.

Thanks in advance

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry to say, but your report indicates that you are full fledged diabetic. You can reverse it by taking proper diet and excercise which you are doing. Good luck to you.

• Thanks for response. YES. I am doing 1 hr walk per day and very low carb diet which is minus sugar , rice , starchy root vegetables etc.

Is it OK with brown basmati rice? And multi grain flour? Please suggest.

Thanks

• i can only say that say NO to some and moderate others.

• Thanks

• There is a website tilda com and it mentioned there in the article by I think Dr Sarah Schenker that:"Wholegrain Basmati rice has the lowest GI (glycaemic index) of all rice types, which means once digested it releases its energy slowly keeping blood sugar levels more stable, which is a crucial part of diabetes management. ... The varying GIs of rice depends on the type of carbohydrate present in the grains..."

Moving on to your other concern... You may need to take a minute to read an article from the website healthline com titled What Are the Best Breads for People with Diabetes? Highlight no. 3 in the article mentioned that "The American Diabetes Association recommends choosing whole-grain bread or 100 percent whole-wheat bread instead of white bread..."

• Thanks for such an important and informative suggestions

• That`s too bad but that can be prevented thru the used of food supplement that has full of phyto-nutrients plus a proper diet and exercise. For more info about the food supplement for diabetes and hypertension you can check it thru this links: facebook.com/caayon.aimglob...

• Thanks for the site & related information on BP+DIABETES.

• Thanks. I will go through the site you posted. Thanks for suggestions

• I have been using Dr Michael Mosely's diet plan and my levels have come right down. My Endo fully endorses it. He said he has patients who have no need for insulin any more after doing it for a while.

• Hi. Are you taking any allopathic medicine or just diet helped you? Please eleborate.

Thanks

• No, not for diabetes. I am just managing it with diet.

• Keep it up. Best wishes always

• You too!

• There is a website tilda com and it mentioned there in the article by I think Dr Sarah Schenker that:"Wholegrain Basmati rice has the lowest GI (glycaemic index) of all rice types, which means once digested it releases its energy slowly keeping blood sugar levels more stable, which is a crucial part of diabetes management. ... The varying GIs of rice depends on the type of carbohydrate present in the grains..."

Moving on to your other concern... You may need to take a minute to read an article from the website healthline com titled What Are the Best Breads for People with Diabetes? Highlight no. 3 in the article mentioned that "The American Diabetes Association recommends choosing whole-grain bread or 100 percent whole-wheat bread instead of white bread..."

You may also like...