I think I may have had a heart attack?

So, last night i was awoken by a horrible pain in my stomach, i thought maybe i had slept on it wrong, so i just tried to ignore it and go back to sleep. This was at about 4:30-5:00 am. The pain kept getting worse and worse, and it was moving into my abdomen and above my stomach area. The pain was becoming unbearable, so I took some pepto and an aleve thinking it was either a bad stomach ache or muscle pains or something. But, the pain was just getting worse and worse and began moving into my chest. At this point it was about 5:30 am and the pain was so severe, there was no way i was going to be able to sleep. There was no way for me to get comfortable, it was just this constant pain in my chest and abdomen. I don't even know really how to describe the pain either, it was just extremely sore and i guess you could describe it as a stabbing pain? I'm not really sure, the only thing i know was that it was extremely painful and uncomfortable. I then went to my mom and told her what was happening, and she wasn't sure what to do either. She told me there wasn't really anything else i could take, the only other option at this point would be to take me to the ER. I have a horrible fear of hospitals and doctors, so i told her i would try and wait it out and see if it went away, (I probably should have gone, but my anxiety was telling me other wise..). So I went back to bed, and the pain continued all the way till about 8:00 am. From that 5:30-8:00 am time frame, I had vomited once, and dry heaved 4 other times. Finally at about that 8:00 am mark, the pain had subsided, I stopped dry heaving/vomiting, and now I feel fine again. I don't know what was happening to me, but I am scared that it could have been something as serious as a heart attack or some heart related problem. I will only be 17 in august, so it frightens me that something like that could happen to me at such a young age. I should also mention I have had pains like this before, but never ever to this extent. Any ideas about what happened to me or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies

• Hi, I'm afraid that this really isn't the right place to post this - this is a group relating to mainly congenital heart conditions (ie problems in the structure of the heart present from birth) associated with Down's Syndrome. So what you are describing is not something most members will know anything about, nor do most have professional medical knowledge.

If you are concerned I suggest you seek medical assistance.

• This is the serious condition you are suffering from and very dangerous too. Why dont you try to consults any good doctor he will give you helpful suggestion. But before consulting any doctor you need to know all about it. you can read here for more details: community.southernstandard....

helps you understand how to recognize and treat it.