Please remember today those for whom Mothering Sunday is the hardest day in the Christian year,
- those who have lost their mothers - particularly in the last year
- those who are separated from mothers or children because of family breakup
- those who are unable to have children because of infertility, health problems or
carrying dangerous genetic conditions
- those who have had miscarriages or termination of pregnancy
- those who are celibate, but would have liked the opportunity to have children
- those whose mother is physically alive, but to whom the 'real Mum' seems to
have left because of dementia, extreme pain etc.
At least I'll probably get given a plant by one of the children at church - if they remember those behind the IT desk! The one who used to great me with a kiss is now too old for that!