Sertraline weight gain?

Hi first post I'm on 150 mg daily of Sertraline tabs does it put weight on I'm also on Co drydpcodine daily too thanks

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hiya, and welcome.

I was on a similar dose of Sertraline for maybe six months or so, and never found any weight gain from taking them.

Lots of good eggs here, hope you stick around 🙂

• Thank u

• This is a good question for your Doctor. Keep a list of things to ask when you next visit him. If I don't do this I forget half of what I want to know. Pam

• Thank u

• Hiya.

I don't think it is a common side effect at all of sertraline.

Is the painkiller cocodamol or co-dydramol or dihydrocodeine? Can't tell which one it is.

Best wishes 💗

• Hi it's codihydrocdeine I take 8 a day also amatripaline sorry about spelling

• I take 150 mgs of sertraline and have never put any weight on.

• Thanks for replying must just be me then

• Not everyone is exactly the same so maybe some will put on weight while others won't. I find I get very nasty real life dreams on it which upset me but I consider the trade off ok as sertraline works well for me.

• Yeah me too there frightening the nightmares I shout and jump out of bed it's so scary

• Heavy duty analgesia. Hope it helps.

Could it be the amitriptyline that is causing the weight gain? I gained a lot of weight on amitriptyline. How long you been on it and at what dose?

💗

• Are you sure it's codihydrocodeine? You can get dihydrocodeine but I've never heard of codihydrocodeine.

• Hi yes it is 30/ 500 mg

• Oh ok. I have cocodamol 30/500mg.

• Hi I used to have them

You may also like...