Week 6 Complete!!

Well never in a million years did I think when starting this C25k plan that I would actually enjoy running and look forward to my next run!

I really can't believe how this plan has got me to run 25 mins and I still felt like I could have done more!! the night before Wk 6 Run 3 I was really worrying if I would be able to even run that long, but thought I would just try and see how I got on. Imagine my surprise when I ran with relative ease.

Anyone worried about it just go for it and you may surprise yourself!!! and now I can brag to my husband as he wants to start running again and took the mickey out of the programme and saying how could running/walking for 60 secs help you when you could just go out and run 2 miles!! needless to say I have now completed week 6 and yes you guessed......he's not even started his running yet!! I think I have had the last laugh!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Really good for you and for keeping your humour with your husband. At week 3 I read post like your's with awe- in three weeks time will i really be running for 25 mins - impossible......

• Well done! So, will your husband feel the need to compete with you now and actually start running? ;-)

• In week one I bought my husband a pair of trainers in the sales so he wouldn't have an excuse not to join me! He is now training for a half marathon while I'm happy to run 5k a couple of times a week. So I think my husband has had the last laugh! Good luck with your next run although it sounds as though you're making great progress. :)

You may also like...