W3R1 - What a killer!!!!! and gadgets

Well, today I went out an hour earlier (15:45 instead of 16:45) so as not to leave my wife trying to cope with little granddaughter and making the tea on her own.

Did that make a difference? I don't know to be honest. But even though I had lunch at 1 o'clock it did feel a bit too soon after eating.

So the run how was it? Quite hard. The first 90 sec run felt quite easy so I was thinking this is not going to be too bad. Oh how wrong. 2mins into first 3min run I was dead on my feet and as I went passed the cemetery it felt like I should be in there with them all!!!!! The only thing that qualified it as a run was the fact that both feet were off the ground at once. But the last 60secs were slower than my normal walking speed. However, I didn´t stop. Made it to the end feeling rather puffed out.

So if you are about to start W3 you might find it hard but you will get to the end. I am expecting R2 to be very hard and then hopefully R3 will be a bit easier.

A note about gadgets as there have been some blogs. I use a Heart Rate Monitor just to keep an eye on things and make sure I don´t exert myself too much. I got mine in Aldi 18 months ago. It cost £12.99 and has three levels of information, basic, normal and pro. so if you're thinking of getting one but don't want to spend wads of cash keep a lookout in good ol' Aldi or Lidl.

3 Replies

• Good post LRM - they o say that nothing worthwhile is easy (:->).

It does get better - honest. It sounds like you'll stick with it.

If anyone needs reassurance about Ali & Lidl, that's where I get most of my kit. Not the shoes - there are some things you just don't skimp on. But when they have their shorts, leggings, socks, etc. on offer, I snap 'em up. When it gets near (shhh) the autumn, look out for the performance base layers. Great quality, cheap prices and they really do the job! A whole winter's use and mine are still like new. (mind you, I use a treadmill most o the time in winter, but even so ...)

Anyway, keep up the good work and let us have more updates as you progress through the programme.

• Thanks for the encouragement. We shall plod on. Hopefully get a bit faster by R3.

Scared the wife tonight. Told her I was going to have buy some shorts as it is getting a bit too warm for tracksuit bottoms. Think I have missed them in Adl and Lidi as a friend of mine calls them!!!

• First time out in shorts, huh? I remember being so scared. 57 year old fat bloke in shorts? But nobody looked twice - such a relief and from then on the breeze flowing round my knees and unmentionables was just sublime!

But yes, your bette half will giggle. Or roll her eyes ... (:->)

You may also like...