W4R1 - wow!

I started the program last year, but I stayed off the program for close to 2 months. My excuse, I was too busy and traveling! About 2 weeks back, I felt that I HAD to restart it. I stopped my earlier runs at W3R2. But since it has been quite sometime, I decided to start with W2 all over again. Surprisingly, I found that getting thru Weeks 2 and 3 were much easier this time. I guess my fitness level has improved after all.

So when I started on Week4, I was upbeat. But W4 R1 was a different story. The first run of 5 mins was very difficult, it turned out that I was running more than half of it uphill! Also it is getting very hot in India. One of the difficulties I had during the 5 min walk was that my mouth was getting parched. I really needed the 2.5 mins after that, I must admit that I slowed down a lot during that. Interestingly I managed the next 3 mins and most of last 5 mins fairly well. But the last 2 mins were very difficult. I was struggling with a parched throat.

I guess I need to carry water with me for the next run. But is a wonderful feeling to see your fitness levels going up!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome back!! Good luck with the rest of the program, you can do this!! :-) Gayle

• Thanks Gayle!

• A good start back! I love the way your icon is carrot-coloured! :)

Out of curiosity - how hot is it where you are in India. Just so I can dream - it's round about zero (C) here, and with a cold wind. Brrrr!

• Ah! it gets into low 90s during the day. When I jog later in the evening, it will be in the high 80s. The temperature is a little lower in my place because I live at around 1000m above sea level. We still haven't hit peak summer - 100+ !

You may also like...