alcohol tolerance/running

This is such a Sunday morning question! I had an evening at the pub last night and had 2 pints of beer, 1 glass of wine and spinny head last night !! BIG hangover today :(

This was over an evening and no food poisoning. I have lost weight and run 3 X a week 5-10k each time over last 6 months.

My question /theory now!! I am wondering if it has been shown that running reduces alcohol tolerance levels? Only a theory, as blood levels/oxygen levels increase (I think) when running regularly and weight decreases, does that mean alcohol affects people more/quicker?? If so, no more booze for me . I rarely drink anyway (maybe a glass of when once a week) but the amount I drank last night was an average amount for pub night!! Anyone know of any studies on this? Back to sofa ....long run tomorrow now!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Far too technical for me all I know is after an aperitif and a bottle of wine on a Saturday night I never run as well on Sunday morning, glad I am not out till Tuesday after Mother's Day.Pat :-)

• Thanks Pat!! I have been for a run now and is actually a really good hangover cure!! :)

• Is it wishful thinking for me to say it could be a one off? :)

You may also like...