Week 6 R 1

I was supposed to do the run yesterday, but since I had a little accident at home I had to change my run to today. All I am saying is, don't try to put up curtains, while standing on a chair, and your arms are not long enough to reach for the top. The chair started moving and I lost balance, not a great feeling landing with your butt on the ground. Always thought running will hurt me, not doing house work.

So I went out today, again on a nice sunny day and I had to struggle to do the first 5 min run. I actually thought about just to turn around and try tomorrow again, but then decided to at least finish the first interval. I did, with legs burning. The second interval felt so much better and I kept pushing to do all the runs. It was hard, it hurt, but I keep telling myself, it was just a bad day, the next run will be better. Right?

While I finished the cool down walk, and made it home I was actually surprised that I just ran the best pace since I started, which was really odd, how bad I felt during the run. Then I thought, maybe I just went to quick? I will try to watch my pace better doing Run 2 this week and hope it will feel good again being out there.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldest β€’ newest

You may also like...