See ye Week 2, you won't be missed!

Well that was a struggle! It's my second try at week 2, having injured a calf on the first attempt at W2R1 (anyone else tempted to type R2D2 when they do these abbreviations?). On that attempt, despite the injury I found the going generally OK.

But my second attempt has just been a struggle on every run. Run 1 was a "breathing out my arse" run and I assumed that was due to the 3 week gap after hurting my calf. Run 2 was hellish! I put it down to wanting to get it over with and get home for the football and running on icy footways where I was slipping and sliding in places and just never got into a rhythm.

I hoped for better things on Run 3, but the best I can say about it is that it was better than Run 2! I have no idea why this week was so bad, given that I felt OK on my first attempt. I was breathing really hard throughout the run and could only do about half of run 4, although I did manage to make up for it at the end.

Ah well, I completed it anyway. Here's to Week 3 - may it be a lot more enjoyable than this week.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's the best way to look at it - onwards and upwards!

• Yep, 2 down and 7 to go! I couldn't even run for the full 60 seconds a few weeks ago and now I'm moaning about how bad week 2 felt, depsite having completed it. It's all relative!

• Well done! Loving the positive attitude :D Best of luck for next week...

• Well done for completing R2D2 :D Yes I sometimes feel like writing that too...lol. Keep up the good work and remember how far you have come in such a short time. I looking forward to hearing how well W3 goes.....I'm also at the same place. Keep blogging :)

You may also like...